Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: Order mail accounts are listed

Thunderbird: Order mail accounts are listed

Gwen Morse

Is there a file I can edit to change the order that mail accounts are
listed in the Thunderbird "All Folders" Window?

I have multiple gmail accounts and multiple yahoo accounts. I would
like to arrange them so they're all grouped together. I don't want to
change the folders that hold the messages, I just want to re-arrange
them in the view.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks!

Gwen

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Gwen Morse wrote:
> Is there a file I can edit to change the order that mail accounts are
> listed in the Thunderbird "All Folders" Window?
>
> I have multiple gmail accounts and multiple yahoo accounts. I would
> like to arrange them so they're all grouped together. I don't want to
> change the folders that hold the messages, I just want to re-arrange
> them in the view.
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks!
>
> Gwen

there is. Its called the Folderpane Tools extension and you
can get it here:

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Gwen Morse

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:47:59 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gwen Morse wrote:
>> Is there a file I can edit to change the order that mail accounts are
>> listed in the Thunderbird "All Folders" Window?
>>
>> I have multiple gmail accounts and multiple yahoo accounts. I would
>> like to arrange them so they're all grouped together. I don't want to
>> change the folders that hold the messages, I just want to re-arrange
>> them in the view.
>>
>> I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks!
>>
>> Gwen

>there is. Its called the Folderpane Tools extension and you
>can get it here:
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/258

That's perfect. Thank you so much for the help!

Gwen