Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ

Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ

I Own The Letter O

Hi,

I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
program at the moment and I get the above error. I have searched on
the Internet and only got six hits, all in foreign languages. I have
searched the newsgroups and it turns up a couple of times but no real
solution is given. Can anybody help/explain what I've done wrong and
how to fix it?

I've also posted in the Borland Turbo Cpp group but they have about 14
subscribers so I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

Ian Collins

I Own The Letter O wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
> very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
> program at the moment and I get the above error.

Which error in which code? post them both.

--
Ian Collins.

I Own The Letter O

On 10 Jun, 10:08, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I Own The Letter O wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
> > very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
> > program at the moment and I get the above error.

> Which error in which code? *post them both.
>
> --
> Ian Collins.

The error is "Fatal:Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ Options"
as in the subject header. The code will have to wait until I get home.

I'm not sure what a VirDef is, I can make a guess that it is something
to do with classes, possibly virtual definitions? I have not got onto
learning about the Virtual keyword yet so I'm definately not using it
let alone using an illegal one.

Ian Collins

I Own The Letter O wrote:
> On 10 Jun, 10:08, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I Own The Letter O wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is
>>> very perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple
>>> program at the moment and I get the above error.

>> Which error in which code? post them both.
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins.

> The error is "Fatal:Illegal VIRDEF fixup index in Module XYZ Options"
> as in the subject header. The code will have to wait until I get home.
>
> I'm not sure what a VirDef is, I can make a guess that it is something
> to do with classes, possibly virtual definitions? I have not got onto
> learning about the Virtual keyword yet so I'm definately not using it
> let alone using an illegal one.

You may do better asking in a Borland group.

--
Ian Collins.

Obnoxious User

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:52:22 -0700, I Own The Letter O wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to the whole world of Cpp so the above fatal error is very
> perplexing. I'm using Borland Turbo Cpp. I have a very simple program at
> the moment and I get the above error. I have searched on the Internet
> and only got six hits, all in foreign languages. I have searched the
> newsgroups and it turns up a couple of times but no real solution is
> given. Can anybody help/explain what I've done wrong and how to fix it?
>
> I've also posted in the Borland Turbo Cpp group but they have about 14
> subscribers so I'm not holding my breath.

VIRDEF/COMDEF is a record type in the OMF object code generated
by the compiler, hence it's a compiler issue.

--
OU