Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need java 1.5.0_27

Need java 1.5.0_27

neha

Hi,
I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
Please help me with finding the download of this.
Thanks in advance

Knute Johnson

neha wrote:
> Hi,
> I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
> Please help me with finding the download of this.
> Thanks in advance

The last update of 1.5.0 is 15. 1.5 has started its "end of life
transition period." I would use a new compiler.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/knute2008/nospam/

Daniele Futtorovic

On 2008-06-09 23:01 +0100, Knute Johnson allegedly wrote:

> Knute Johnson
> email s/knute2008/nospam/

By the way,

"(E-Mail Removed)" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
done no thang!";

Ain't it?

--
DF.
to reply privately, change the top-level domain

jatin

On Jun 9, 11:55*pm, neha <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need the old version of java *:1.5.0_27.
> Please help me with finding the download of this.
> Thanks in advance

check this link >
http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads...-download.html

All the Best.

Knute Johnson

Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
> On 2008-06-09 23:01 +0100, Knute Johnson allegedly wrote:
>
>> Knute Johnson
>> email s/knute2008/nospam/

> By the way,
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
> done no thang!";
>
> Ain't it?

Yea! And I just noticed I had it backwards too .

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2008/

Knute Johnson

Lew wrote:
> jatin wrote:
>> On Jun 9, 11:55 pm, neha <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
>>> Please help me with finding the download of this.
>>> Thanks in advance

>> check this link >
>> http://www.somewhere

> I wouldn't go elsewhere than java.sun.com for Sun JDKs, ibm.com for
> IBM's, etc.
>
> I doubt that some ad-laden third-party site will carry a non-existent
> version either. Especially one that reports,
>
> "No results were found containing
> jdk 1.5 download
> In Title"

I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.
In other words they can't just go to java.sun.com, they have to go to
some third party site to find a link to java.sun.com. There whole
internet awareness is based upon links from a few known sites. They
don't see a pine, an oak, a jacaranda, a birch, a plum, they see an
incomprehensible forest that they can only navigate by going to a sign
pointing out all the different trees. As a result they miss a lot of
the forest for the lack of a sign.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2008/

Joshua Cranmer

Knute Johnson wrote:
> I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
> that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
> without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.

I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
steps, though...
tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Roedy Green

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:55:07 -0700 (PDT), neha <(E-Mail Removed)>

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Roedy Green

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:44:23 GMT, Joshua Cranmer
who said :

>I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
>reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
>external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
>head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
>steps, though...

The reason is Google sorts hits by how many links have been created to
an entry. Usually what you want is near the top. The onsite searches
almost always give you a useless hodgepodge of irrelevant trivia
sorted in no particular order.

The problem with tree structured menus is authors like to arrange only
ONE way to get to something. My thinking is you should try to cover
pretty well any plausible route, with lots of cross linking at the
lowest level to other similar things.

I originally wrote the Java glossary for my own use. Its various
searching mechanisms I have developed over time to make it easy for ME
to find stuff. If every site's authors used their own indexing, I
think the quality would improve rapidly.

It takes work, but creating manual index to the critical information
is always going to beat a mechanically generated one that just finds a
word used, no matter what the context.