Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How to learn C++ after learning <C++ Primer>?

How to learn C++ after learning <C++ Primer>?

Cheng Rui

hello,all
I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
thank you all !

Noah Roberts

Cheng Rui wrote:
> hello,all
> I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
> useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
> thank you all !

Write programs.

It's, frankly, the only way.

progmanos

On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello,all
> I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
> useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
> thank you all !

Learn about data structures and STL. Learn different algorithms,
APIs, and join an open source project.

foolsmart2005@gmail.com

On Jun 10, 5:12*am, progmanos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hello,all
> > *I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
> > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
> > *thank you all !

> Learn about data structures and STL. *Learn different algorithms,
> APIs, and join an open source project.

May I ask where can we join open source project? Thanks!

CAN

On Jun 10, 9:41*am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 5:12*am, progmanos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > hello,all
> > > *I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
> > > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
> > > *thank you all !

> > Learn about data structures and STL. *Learn different algorithms,
> > APIs, and join an open source project.

> May I ask where can we join open source project? *Thanks!

Have you heard about SourceForge.net or savannah.gnu.org? There are
many others open source sites, just search for open source projects if
you are interested.