Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java hosting.

Java hosting.

Alex.From.Ohio.Java@gmail.com

I use http://www.myjavaserver.com to host my Java related application
server.
It was good for years but right now they are out of file space.

Any suggestion what is good free application server right now to host
JSPs/databases/mail/ftp?

Alex.
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~alexfromohio/

Dave Miller

> I use http://www.myjavaserver.com to host my Java related application
> server.
> It was good for years but right now they are out of file space.
>
> Any suggestion what is good free application server right now to host
> JSPs/databases/mail/ftp?
>
> Alex.
> http://www.myjavaserver.com/~alexfromohio/

On the site you're on now, they say that they have not been free since
2004 and that they are charging about $3 a month. Elsewhere, they say
that they are no longer accepting sign ups due to malicious users. Just
now, your site redirected to a blank page all of which says that it may
be time for you to move.

For a good, free, development server, you might want to load one onto
your own computer.

If you are looking for a low cost (shared JVM) Java host Google "Java
web hosting" and look at the ads - shared hosting starts at about the
same $3 per month that your present host says that they charge.

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at:

Roedy Green

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:11:24 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed)

>I use http://www.myjavaserver.com to host my Java related application
>server.
>It was good for years but right now they are out of file space.
>
>Any suggestion what is good free application server right now to host
>JSPs/databases/mail/ftp?

I maintain a collection of servers sorted by price starting with free.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ispvendors.html
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Roedy Green

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:52:20 GMT, Dave Miller
someone who said :

>For a good, free, development server, you might want to load one onto
>your own computer.

I considered that myself, to host a Subversion server, but I realised
that I reboot a little too often, and I like to take things down for
backup. A dedicated server has no development so is more stable.