Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't get the wireless network to assign a network address

Can't get the wireless network to assign a network address

W6K

I get the limited or no connectivity message with the reason as above. I have
good signal, setup looks good and i have been through Ezlan. My other laptop
connects OK and the setup appears identical. Running XP pro.

Lem

W6K wrote:
> I get the limited or no connectivity message with the reason as above. I have
> good signal, setup looks good and i have been through Ezlan. My other laptop
> connects OK and the setup appears identical. Running XP pro.

I assume that you are primarily attempting to connect to the router to
access the Internet.

First, connect the computer directly to the router using an Ethernet
cable. If you can browse the Internet now, then disconnect the Ethernet
cable, *disable* all encryption and filtering options on the router, and
now try to connect wirelessly and browse the Internet.

If that works, then re-enable encryption (use WPA2-PSK or WPA-PSK) on
the router and carefully re-enter the password when you try to connect.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP