Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > LOW LIGHT & THE 40D!

LOW LIGHT & THE 40D!

Annika1980

Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
the sun was setting.

So it was a battle of slower shutter speeds & high ISOs.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287944

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287941

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287945

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287946

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

Oh BTW, if anyone asks the speed limit in Dayton, TN is 55MPH and is
strictly enforced.

-Annika1980 ----> hates cops

Jeff R.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
> threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
> the sun was setting.
>
> So it was a battle of slower shutter speeds & high ISOs.
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287944
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287941
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287945
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287946
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

Damn!
They're nice pix.

One measure of the quality of "artwork", IMNSHO, is whether or not the
*expression* on the face of the subject is appropriate. (IOW, all other
technical aspects are beyond reproach.)

Don't you think the look on the bird's face is a bit stern... disapproving?
Couldn't you get him/her to smile?

> Oh BTW, if anyone asks the speed limit in Dayton, TN is 55MPH and is
> strictly enforced.
>
> -Annika1980 ----> hates cops

[sniff sniff]
I smell a burning conscience?

--
Jeff R.

Robert Barr

Jeff R. wrote:

> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
>> threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
>> the sun was setting.

>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

> Damn!
> They're nice pix.

I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:

http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

Jeff R.

"Robert Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JRI2k.202$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Jeff R. wrote:
>>
>> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Went to shoot the ospreys again this evening. I got there under dark
>>> threatening skies, but it started to clear off right about the time
>>> the sun was setting.

>>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98287947

>> Damn!
>> They're nice pix.
>>

> I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
> photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:
>
> http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

Dang!

Nevertheless: http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/Happy-bird.jpg

--
Jeff R.

Annika1980

On Jun 8, 12:02*am, Robert Barr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I really hate to dampen your enthusiasm for Annika's alleged Osprey
> photos, but you should know how the hoax was perpetrated:
>
> http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

Yeah, but hiding the string is the real trick.

Annika1980

On Jun 8, 12:07*am, "Jeff R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

> Dang!
>
> Nevertheless:http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/Happy-bird.jpg

LOL!

Is this where I am supposed to threaten you with legal action you
image thief, you?

Jeff R.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jun 8, 12:07 am, "Jeff R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >http://www.jbripley.com/osprey-decoy-by-jackite.html

>> Dang!

>> Nevertheless: http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/Happy-bird.jpg

>LOL!

>Is this where I am supposed to threaten you with legal action you
>image thief, you?

Yup.
That's the pattern.

'Though I hope your process servers do a better job than "someone else's".
Three weeks and still no mail...

--
Jeff R.

Annika1980

On Jun 8, 10:17*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> The last one of the Osprey catching a fish could have been great if
> closer and uncluttered.

That was my fav of the bunch.