Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > BIOS Password

BIOS Password

Rick

I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of crap
on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I need to
get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the password.

Thanks

Baron

Rick wrote:

> I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of
> crap
> on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I
> need to
> get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the
> password.
>
> Thanks

Look for a jumper on the mainboard !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

sandy58

On Jun 7, 11:25 pm, "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of crap
> on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I need to
> get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the password.
>
> Thanks

Pull the CMOS battery for about 30 minutes then replace (if you can't
find the m'board jumper re;Baron &Robert Baer)

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert
Baer <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>Baron wrote:
>> Rick wrote:
>>

>>>I am in the process of formatting an older computer that has a lot of
>>>crap
>>>on it. Some smart person has put a password in the bios setup and I
>>>need to
>>>get in there to change the boot-up priority. How can I delete the
>>>password.
>>>
>>>Thanks

>> Look for a jumper on the mainboard !
>>

> Check; "CMOS CLEAR" is the common name, or "CMOS" if there is very
>little space on the <B near the 3 pins.
> With power off, move the jumper over to the other 2 pins and wait at
>least 5 minutes; then move it back.
> All CMOS settings will be reset, so you will have to check and maybe
>change some settings.

If you can't do that then remove the CMOS battery for a little while its
the round disc shaped thing.. Make sure you put it back the same way
round

--
Tony Sayer