Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > fritbox

fritbox

bob garbutt

just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox questions and
I know he as one!

Bob

Nick

"bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox questions and
> I know he as one!
>
> Bob

You know Ivor is "one" of what?

Ivor Jones

In news:bLa2k.29665$(E-Mail Removed)2,
Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: "bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
: > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
: > questions and I know he as one!
: >
: > Bob
:
: You know Ivor is "one" of what?

Careful

Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?

Ivor

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:bLa2k.29665$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
> : "bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
> : > questions and I know he as one!
> : >
> : > Bob
> :
> : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
>
> Careful
>
> Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
>
> Ivor

Well it woke you up

At the third stroke, it will be two hairs past a pimple. - - -

Nick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Ivor Jones wrote:
> In news:bLa2k.29665$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
> : "bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
> : > questions and I know he as one!
> : >
> : > Bob
> :
> : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
>
> Careful
>
> Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
>
> Ivor

hi,

I have the 1020 fone ata, I use justvoip for outgoing calls and sipgate
for incoming calls, and have the two account set-up to use fon 1, I use
sipgate to sigate account when calling other sipgate users! I dont get
any echo but people I call say there is a echo and also a delay at
times. I used to use the sipura 1001 and there are settings that you can
change for codecs etc, have you had any echo problems?

The other thing is call waiting, Do I have to enable this from the phone
because it does not seem to work, I put in the star codes from the phone
and just get three beeps?

I hope this makes sense?

Regards, Bob

bob garbutt

Nick wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In news:bLa2k.29665$(E-Mail Removed)2,
>> Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
>> : "bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> : news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
>> : > questions and I know he as one!
>> : >
>> : > Bob
>> :
>> : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
>>
>> Careful
>>
>> Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
>>
>> Ivor
>>

> Well it woke you up
>
> At the third stroke, it will be two hairs past a pimple. - - -

yer wot

Ivor Jones

In news:tBe2k.88341$(E-Mail Removed)2,
bob garbutt <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: Ivor Jones wrote:
: > In news:bLa2k.29665$(E-Mail Removed)2,
: > Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
: > reason:
: > : "bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > : news:5V62k.75171$(E-Mail Removed)2...
: > : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
: > : > questions and I know he as one!
: > : >
: > : > Bob
: > :
: > : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
: >
: > Careful
: >
[...]

Hmm, not sure, don't really know that particular device, I have the
original Fritz!Box Fon (without wireless) and the 7170, but I assume the
VoIP settings are similar.

Never had any echo problems, can't see any options to change codecs as
such but there is this option under "Advanced Settings" under "Internet
Telephony" which may be on your box somewhere. The first selection
(automatic) is the default and I haven't changed it.

----------
Select here how to use the bandwidth of the DSL connection for telephone
calls.
automatic selection of voice coding (recommended)
FRITZ!Box adjusts the voice coding automatically according to the speed of
your DSL connection.

always use voice coding in fixed-line network quality
FRITZ!Box always uses lossless voice coding as in the fixed-line network.

always use voice coding with compression
FRITZ!Box uses voice coding with compression to reduce the data volume for
Internet calls.

Indicate Type of Service

Marking the voice packets in this way makes it possible for these packets
to be prioritized by routers that support this indication.

Indicate SIP packets
Value
Indicate RTP packets
Value

Hope this helps. As for call waiting, I don't like it so don't use it.
Anybody ringing me while I'm on the phone gets the busy tone, all my VoIP
accounts are only set to go to voicemail if I don't answer, never when the
number's busy. If it's important they'll either use one of the other
numbers or try again later. However I don't see why you should have to
enable it from the phone.

Ivor