Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python and Harry Potter?

Python and Harry Potter?

Helmut Jarausch

Hi,
just to let you know ...

Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

and they told me why they recommended this book,
because I've bought
Core PYTHON Programming

Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:58:14 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
> Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
>
> and they told me why they recommended this book,
> because I've bought
> Core PYTHON Programming
>
> Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

I would've expected something with more magic, like Perl.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Casey

Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
lucky!

I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all the
old (hog)warts ....

Hans Nowak

Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
> just to let you know ...
>
> Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
> Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
>
> and they told me why they recommended this book,
> because I've bought
> Core PYTHON Programming
>
> Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at least
one well-known Python core developer.

--
Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
http://4.flowsnake.org/

Bjoern Schliessmann

Casey wrote:

> Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
> lucky!
>
> I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all
> the old (hog)warts ....

Well, how about another Python renaming flame thread then? Let's
call Python 3.0 "Parselmouth" instead ...

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #83:

Support staff hung over, send aspirin and come back LATER.

Eduardo O. Padoan

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Hans Nowak
<zephyrfalcon!NO_SPAM!@gmail.com> wrote:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> just to let you know ...
>>
>> Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
>> Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
>>
>> and they told me why they recommended this book,
>> because I've bought
>> Core PYTHON Programming
>>
>> Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

> If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at
> least one well-known Python core developer.

Maybe Guido himself:
"The Harry Potter Theory of Programming Language Design"
http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpo...?thread=123234

> --
> Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
> http://4.flowsnake.org/

Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
http://www.advogato.org/person/eopadoan/
http://twitter.com/edcrypt