Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SPREADING WIDE FOR THE 40D!

Reply
Thread Tools

SPREADING WIDE FOR THE 40D!

 
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2008
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:07:38 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Restoring:

>>> My use of the word interesting is that some trolls have used that same
>>> server, yet few (almost none) of the regular posters to the various
>>> rec.photo.* ng's use it.


>tony cooper wrote:
>> I thought you were discussing that trolls use German news server.
>> Make up your mind. Now you're saying that they use all manner of
>> servers.

>
>I never said that they all used the same server, only that some have
>used that server.
>
>I suggest you dig up a book on mathematics that explains group theory.
>The Venn diagrams will help you visualize. Maybe.
>
>Yesterday Bret compared you to Tony P, and I now see why.


And I suggest you dig up a book on writing effectively and with
consistency.

I assume, from this post, that the fact that I use
news.individual.net, is no longer "interesting" because you've
suddenly realized that trolls use any number of servers.

>EOD for me.


You forgot the "UITOSETA".




--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2008
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:51:36 -0500, George Kerby
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>
>
>On 6/8/08 7:18 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:51:21 -0500, George Kerby
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 6/8/08 10:42 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
>>> "tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:47:15 -0400, Alan Browne
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> The little war between "Rita" and Bret is most amusing
>>>>
>>>> Or, in fact, if "she" is not a she. (Though I see no reason
>>>> to doubt this)
>>>>
>>> You don't get around much do you?

>>
>>>
>>> HINT:
>>> Look at the 'style' of the writing. Loaded with testosterone.

>>
>> I don't find that to be a valid way to candle posters. Mark Thomas,
>> for example, writes in a style that I would associate with a female
>> with a hormonal problem due to periodic changes in the bodily
>> chemistry. You use "HINT", "HINT", which - to me - is the type of
>> game that females like to play. Yet, you both use traditionally male
>> first names.
>>

>And your perception of female gaming leads us to believe that "Toni" might
>be the *real* you, LOL!


Did I mention that real men don't write "LOL!"? The urge for that
stops about the time that you find it no longer amusing to make
farting noises with your hand and armpit.

>>> HINT:
>>> Look at the "name". (I ain't gonna do your work for you - Google is your
>>> friend)

>>
>> She's a clairvoyant? Who lives in Quincy, Massachusetts and walks
>> down to Chesapeake Bay to take pictures?
>>
>> Damn.

>Damn, you're thick-headed as well. Go beyond the first layer, OK?


I gotcha. She's the Rita Berkowitz that is/was the President of
Brubaker Kitchens, Inc. and a named party in a lawsuit brought against
Stephen M. Brown. (Obviously, "Stephen M. Brown is a pseudonym for
"CanonFan".)

Either that, or she's the Rita Berkowitz who observed Yahezeits on
March 13th. Since I'm Catholic, not Jewish, I'm afraid I don't know
whether to say Mazel Tov! or Oy Vey!

The rest of the Rita Berkowitz links seem to be about someone who
takes photographs. That can't be her, can it?

Got another CLUE CLUE?


--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2008
tony cooper wrote:
>
> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:51:21 -0500, George Kerby
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >
> >On 6/8/08 10:42 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
> >"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:47:15 -0400, Alan Browne
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >>> The little war between "Rita" and Bret is most amusing


<heavily edited for brevity>

> >Look at the "name". (I ain't gonna do your work for you - Google is your
> >friend)

>
> She's a clairvoyant? Who lives in Quincy, Massachusetts and walks
> down to Chesapeake Bay to take pictures?
>
> Damn.



Hello, Tony:

Just a word to the wise, please: I've been a regular reader (and an occasional
poster), here in <news:rec.photo.digital>, since April of 2006. My experience,
in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, goes back, even further (i.e., to
February, 2003).

During this time, in both newsgroups, ""Rita Berkowitz" has clearly shown
herself to be a brazen troll. Besides the constant "Nikon over Canon" rants,
here are her other favorite themes:

SCSI is vastly superior to IDE/SATA.

The PC trounces the Macintosh.

Intel clobbers AMD.

She hasn't been above dropping a few racist remarks, either. Hence, I do
most sincerely believe it's become rather obvious that ""Rita Berkowitz"
exists, primarily, to "stir the pot," so to speak.


Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
 
Reply With Quote
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2008
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:19:28 -0500, John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>tony cooper wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:51:21 -0500, George Kerby
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >On 6/8/08 10:42 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
>> >"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:47:15 -0400, Alan Browne
>> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> The little war between "Rita" and Bret is most amusing

>
><heavily edited for brevity>
>
>> >Look at the "name". (I ain't gonna do your work for you - Google is your
>> >friend)

>>
>> She's a clairvoyant? Who lives in Quincy, Massachusetts and walks
>> down to Chesapeake Bay to take pictures?
>>
>> Damn.

>
>
>Hello, Tony:
>
>Just a word to the wise, please: I've been a regular reader (and an occasional
>poster), here in <news:rec.photo.digital>, since April of 2006. My experience,
>in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, goes back, even further (i.e., to
>February, 2003).
>
>During this time, in both newsgroups, ""Rita Berkowitz" has clearly shown
>herself to be a brazen troll. Besides the constant "Nikon over Canon" rants,
>here are her other favorite themes:


> SCSI is vastly superior to IDE/SATA.
>
> The PC trounces the Macintosh.
>
> Intel clobbers AMD.
>
>She hasn't been above dropping a few racist remarks, either. Hence, I do
>most sincerely believe it's become rather obvious that ""Rita Berkowitz"
>exists, primarily, to "stir the pot," so to speak.


I pre-date you in newsgroups, and in seeing Rita's posts. I see
exactly what she's doing, and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Her Canon vs Nikon rants would be single posts moldering in the dust
of the past if so many people didn't take them in hook, line, and
sinker. A troll is only successful if people respond.

You can't very well blame Rita if you don't also hold the people to
blame who respond to her. She starts the fire, and dozens join in to
add fuel to it.

Now, if you can, answer my three questions:

1. Why does anyone think that she is not female?
2. Why should it make any difference if she is not female?
3. Why does it make any difference if her real name is not Rita
Berkowitz?




--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2008
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:36:20 -0500, George Kerby
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>
>
>On 6/14/08 8:43 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
>"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:19:28 -0500, John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> tony cooper wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:51:21 -0500, George Kerby
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 6/8/08 10:42 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
>>>>> "tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:47:15 -0400, Alan Browne
>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The little war between "Rita" and Bret is most amusing
>>>
>>> <heavily edited for brevity>
>>>
>>>>> Look at the "name". (I ain't gonna do your work for you - Google is your
>>>>> friend)
>>>>
>>>> She's a clairvoyant? Who lives in Quincy, Massachusetts and walks
>>>> down to Chesapeake Bay to take pictures?
>>>>
>>>> Damn.
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello, Tony:
>>>
>>> Just a word to the wise, please: I've been a regular reader (and an
>>> occasional
>>> poster), here in <news:rec.photo.digital>, since April of 2006. My
>>> experience,
>>> in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, goes back, even further (i.e., to
>>> February, 2003).
>>>
>>> During this time, in both newsgroups, ""Rita Berkowitz" has clearly shown
>>> herself to be a brazen troll. Besides the constant "Nikon over Canon" rants,
>>> here are her other favorite themes:

>>
>>> SCSI is vastly superior to IDE/SATA.
>>>
>>> The PC trounces the Macintosh.
>>>
>>> Intel clobbers AMD.
>>>
>>> She hasn't been above dropping a few racist remarks, either. Hence, I do
>>> most sincerely believe it's become rather obvious that ""Rita Berkowitz"
>>> exists, primarily, to "stir the pot," so to speak.

>>
>> I pre-date you in newsgroups, and in seeing Rita's posts. I see
>> exactly what she's doing, and it doesn't bother me a bit.
>>
>> Her Canon vs Nikon rants would be single posts moldering in the dust
>> of the past if so many people didn't take them in hook, line, and
>> sinker. A troll is only successful if people respond.
>>
>> You can't very well blame Rita if you don't also hold the people to
>> blame who respond to her. She starts the fire, and dozens join in to
>> add fuel to it.
>>
>> Now, if you can, answer my three questions:
>>
>> 1. Why does anyone think that she is not female?
>> 2. Why should it make any difference if she is not female?
>> 3. Why does it make any difference if her real name is not Rita
>> Berkowitz?
>>
>>
>>

>To paraphrase Firesign Theater: "Oh Toni - You're such a TOOL!"
>


First interesting - to me - post you've ever made. Somewhere around
the house I have a Firesign Theater 33 1/3 LP and a booklet that came
with it. Funny group. The old group, that it.



--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
Rita Berkowitz wrote:
>
> John Turco wrote:
>
> > Just a word to the wise, please: I've been a regular reader (and an
> > occasional poster), here in <news:rec.photo.digital>, since April of
> > 2006. My experience, in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, goes
> > back, even further (i.e., to February, 2003).

>
> You forgot to add news:alt.marketing.online.ebay to your list.


Hello, Rita:

Why? Unlike you, I'm not a cross-posting fool, and am quite unfamiliar with
alt.marketing.online.ebay, anyway.

> > During this time, in both newsgroups, ""Rita Berkowitz" has clearly
> > shown herself to be a brazen troll. Besides the constant "Nikon over
> > Canon" rants, here are her other favorite themes:

>
> You're just still ****ed because I exposed and countered the misinformation
> you, Rod (Corncob) Speed, Clarke, and a few other persistent trolls were
> spreading. It's always nice to see you guys morph and show your support for
> me.


Huh? To set the record straight, I've never offered any "misinformation," in
any newsgroup.

Regardless, how could you fail to mention comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage's
most zealous troll, Folkert Rienstra?

Incidentally, I wonder what ever happened to John Clarke? He was a frequent
poster, both here and in the storage group; he seemimgly disappeared, during
the first quarter of 2007.

> > SCSI is vastly superior to IDE/SATA.

>
> Yes it is! And I'm still using U320 in all my systems. I'll be going SAS
> shortly.


Nope! That may have been true, once upon a time, but SATA's price/performance
ratio has left SCSI in the dust, by now.

> > The PC trounces the Macintosh.

>
> Yes it does! Even after all the posturing back then by the Mac elitists
> they now embrace and enjoy the Intel processor. Such irony.


Okay, I guess we can agree on >something<, at least. <g>

> > Intel clobbers AMD.

>
> Yes it does!


Yet, another concurrence...you're really on a roll, here, Rita!

> You won't see any AMD processors in a Mac, Panasonic Toughbook, or any
> mission critical system.


This statement appears to conflict with your earlier denunciation of the
Mac, does it not?

> > She hasn't been above dropping a few racist remarks, either. Hence, I
> > do most sincerely believe it's become rather obvious that ""Rita
> > Berkowitz" exists, primarily, to "stir the pot," so to speak.

>
> Stirring the pot and kicking the hornet's nest if fun, but since I have
> mellowed out in my old age I find stimulating idiots more fun.


Which makes you a blatant troll, as I've already indicated, above. <g>


Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
tony cooper wrote:

<edited for brevity>

> >Just a word to the wise, please: I've been a regular reader (and an occasional
> >poster), here in <news:rec.photo.digital>, since April of 2006. My experience,
> >in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, goes back, even further (i.e., to
> >February, 2003).
> >
> >During this time, in both newsgroups, ""Rita Berkowitz" has clearly shown
> >herself to be a brazen troll. Besides the constant "Nikon over Canon" rants,
> >here are her other favorite themes:

>
> > SCSI is vastly superior to IDE/SATA.
> >
> > The PC trounces the Macintosh.
> >
> > Intel clobbers AMD.
> >
> >She hasn't been above dropping a few racist remarks, either. Hence, I do
> >most sincerely believe it's become rather obvious that ""Rita Berkowitz"
> >exists, primarily, to "stir the pot," so to speak.

>
> I pre-date you in newsgroups, and in seeing Rita's posts. I see
> exactly what she's doing, and it doesn't bother me a bit.


Hello, Tony:

Oh, actually, my Usenet "life" dates to 1996, my first year online.

> Her Canon vs Nikon rants would be single posts moldering in the dust
> of the past if so many people didn't take them in hook, line, and
> sinker. A troll is only successful if people respond.


Which I rarely do, personally.

> You can't very well blame Rita if you don't also hold the people to
> blame who respond to her. She starts the fire, and dozens join in to
> add fuel to it.


Indeed! I try to maintain discipline, and normally succeed, toward that
admirable endeavor.

> Now, if you can, answer my three questions:
>
> 1. Why does anyone think that she is not female?


Gender, race, creed, sexual orientation, political views, etc., are all
meaningless, as far as I'm concerned; the real issue involves, whether
Rita is a troll.

> 2. Why should it make any difference if she is not female?


See above.

> 3. Why does it make any difference if her real name is not Rita
> Berkowitz?


Jew or gentile...it matters, not at all! <g>

Seriously, I use a real name, as I assume that you, yourself, do. I
think a poster is more likely to "hide" behind a pseudonym, feeling
safer to "troll away," if you will.


Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
 
Reply With Quote
 
David J Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
Rita Berkowitz wrote:
[]
> You're just a fool. What's wrong with crossposting? I've posted
> relevant material to groups via crossposting or individually and
> people still complained about it being wrong. The bottom line is if
> you don't like it you can ignore or killfile me.


With slight reluctance, done.

David


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: DSLR lenses not good wide open at wide angle? Dauphin de Viennois Digital Photography 2 07-16-2008 12:29 PM
SPREADING WIDE FOR THE 20D ! Annika1980 Digital Photography 4 03-12-2007 07:01 PM
Wide Screen not wide enough? michelebargeman@yahoo.com DVD Video 31 04-27-2006 08:50 PM
Not many "wide-angle" compacts but, heck, many are wide-angle anyway! JeffOYB@hotmail.com Digital Photography 10 01-09-2006 08:30 AM
char 8bit wide or 7bit wide in c++? Web Developer C++ 2 07-31-2003 08:09 AM



Advertisments