Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Where are E-Learning Offline courses downloaded?

Carolina

I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
because I want to copy and take them home.

In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
couldn't find them there.

Does anybody know where are these files downloaded?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you!

Lawrence Garvin

"Carolina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
> I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
> Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
> because I want to copy and take them home.

You cannot "copy and take them home".

You need to log onto Microsoft eLearning from your home computer, download
the Offline Player to that computer, and then re-download the course content
to that computer.

Your progress on both systems will be synchronized and updated through the
microsoftelearning.com site.

> In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
> path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
> couldn't find them there.

In fact, they're now stored in a slightly different location.

On Windows XP, you'll find these files in ~\Local Settings\Application
Data\Element K\Offline Course Player\content

On Windows Vista, you'll find them in ~\AppData\Local\Element K\Offline
Course Player\content

Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Carolina

Lawrence, thanks a lot!

Carolina

Lawrence thanks a lot!

Satheesh

Thanks a lot man..

"Carolina" wrote:

> I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
> I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
> Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
> because I want to copy and take them home.
>
> In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
> path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
> couldn't find them there.
>
> Does anybody know where are these files downloaded?
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thank you!

Sim

Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

Thanks,

"Satheesh" wrote:

> Thanks a lot man..
>
> "Carolina" wrote:
>
> > I downloaded Clinic 6262 from Microsoft E-Learning site.
> > I can access this course offline using Microsoft E-Learning Offline
> > Player, but I would like to know where are these files downloaded
> > because I want to copy and take them home.
> >
> > In E-Learning FAQ site says these files are downloaded in the same
> > path where the aplication was installed, but this is not true, I
> > couldn't find them there.
> >
> > Does anybody know where are these files downloaded?
> > I would appreciate any help.
> > Thank you!

Lawrence Garvin

"Sim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
> reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
> Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

Uhh..... "...before I reformatted my PC..."

What do you suppose happened to all that offline content when you
"reformatted your PC"?

You'll need to download it again.

Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Sim

Hi,

Yes, I did install the player of course. Then I had the plug-ins downloaded
and installed again. I was able to download the courses but every time I
decide to view them using the Offline Player, it wouldn't display the content
(the one that pops up for with the round button selection).

I'm not sure what happened there because when I check the folder where the
content are stored, I can view them in I.E. Plus, I have all the complete
requirements.

What I did anyway is to uninstall the player and reinstall it again and
redownload all my courses in the player. It is working now.

Thanks!

"Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

> "Sim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
> > reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
> > Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

> Uhh..... "...before I reformatted my PC..."
>
> What do you suppose happened to all that offline content when you
> "reformatted your PC"?
>
> You'll need to download it again.

> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Sim

And yes, I downloaded all the courses again right after my reformat. I
downloaded them again when I had to uninstall and re-install the player after
having an issue in displaying the content.

Thanks a lot.

"Sim" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I did install the player of course. Then I had the plug-ins downloaded
> and installed again. I was able to download the courses but every time I
> decide to view them using the Offline Player, it wouldn't display the content
> (the one that pops up for with the round button selection).
>
> I'm not sure what happened there because when I check the folder where the
> content are stored, I can view them in I.E. Plus, I have all the complete
> requirements.
>
> What I did anyway is to uninstall the player and reinstall it again and
> redownload all my courses in the player. It is working now.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:
>
> > "Sim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Can I ask why I can't view my downloaded contents in my player? Before I
> > > reformated my PC, I was still using the Offline Player to view my courses.
> > > Now, everytime I choose a course, only a blank screen appears.

> > Uhh..... "...before I reformatted my PC..."
> >
> > What do you suppose happened to all that offline content when you
> > "reformatted your PC"?
> >
> > You'll need to download it again.
> >

> > --
> > Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
> > Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> > Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200
> >
> > MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
> > My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
> > http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
> > My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

Sim

Noted, lesson learned. Thanks.

Web Based Cisco Courses Bill F Cisco 1 09-21-2004 11:02 AM
How do I access the Training courses for Office XP? Melissa Whitehead Microsoft Certification 1 08-04-2004 07:22 AM
courses cd's marfado Microsoft Certification 1 04-22-2004 04:42 AM
Study Guides FREE for 70-016 Exam and courses odremanj MCSD 0 09-10-2003 04:45 PM
Re: Courses, are they worth it ? AleXT MCSD 0 07-10-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments