Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Forms Authentication with AD storage for credentials.

Forms Authentication with AD storage for credentials.

Max2006

Hi,

We prefer ASP.NET Forms Authentication in our ASP.NET 3.5 application;
however we have to use Active Directory for user name and password storage.
Is that possible? Is there any sample application to do this?
Thank you,

Max

Max2006

I think I found the answer here:

"Max2006" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We prefer ASP.NET Forms Authentication in our ASP.NET 3.5 application;
> however we have to use Active Directory for user name and password
> storage. Is that possible? Is there any sample application to do this?
> Thank you,
>
> Max

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Max,

Yes, ASP.NET 2.0 provides the ActiveDirectory provider for Forms
authentication. Thus, you can make your forms authentication validate clear
text username/password pair against AD database.

In addition to the MSDN reference you found, here are some other web
articles which may also help some:

#How to authenticate against the Active Directory by using forms
authentication and Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326340

#Forms Authentication with Active Directory
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...Authentication
ActiveDirectory11262005074248AM/FormsAuthenticationActiveDirectory.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.