Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Net

need 32+64-bit ms-compatible compiler that doesn't require .Net

jmichae3@yahoo.com

I need a compiler that

1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
AMD as well as Intel)

2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
other words, the code is self-contained)

3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
a single file).
I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
files.

Ian Collins

> I need a compiler that
>
> 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
> AMD as well as Intel)

You're asking in the wrong place, try a windows group.

--
Ian Collins.

Erik Wikström

On 2008-06-04 10:51, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I need a compiler that
>
> 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
> AMD as well as Intel)
>
> 2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
> other words, the code is self-contained)
>
> 3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
> Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
> distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
> a single file).
> I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
> files.

Visual Studio 2008 Express, and read the following article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s.aspx

--
Erik Wikström

brad

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I need a compiler that
>
> 1. can generate 32 and 64-bit code, (64-bit code that will work on an
> AMD as well as Intel)
>
> 2. Doesn't require the enduser to install .Net to run the program (in
> other words, the code is self-contained)
>
> 3. generated code is not in multiple required parts (like the new
> Borland C++ compiler series which requires a runtime file to be
> distributed with the EXE - no explanation on how to combine them into
> a single file).
> I want a single .EXE file. no messes. no DLL's. no extra runtime
> files.

I use MinGW on a 32-bit Windows XP box to do this. Executables from this
setup run on 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows as WOW (Windows on
Windows) emulation on the 64-bit systems takes care of the details.
Statically link and you'll be self-contained.