Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > printing images using gimp

printing images using gimp

Bernard

Hi there,

I am using GIMP 2.2.6 under Debian Linux, with gimp-print. My printer is
an old HP DeskJet 1120C.

The print function does work... but quality is not at top, by a long shot.
Contrast is not good, and colours are kind of miserable, at least, if I
compare the overall result with what I obtain in using a very old
outdated tool that requires that I start my old 1998 Fujitsu computer with
Windows 3.1. The tool is called "Image Editor" (ImagePals 2, version 2,
Ulead Systems Inc.) It works on the technology "RET II" or "RET 2", and
the prints are a lot better looking, even when using photo paper and high
density printing, even in A3 size.

I imagine that I surely can do a lot better with the GIMP, maybe with the
help of a plugin.

Is there any document available on the www, or any other document that I
should read ?

m II

Bernard wrote:

> I am using GIMP 2.2.6 under Debian Linux, with gimp-print. My printer is
> an old HP DeskJet 1120C.

> I imagine that I surely can do a lot better with the GIMP, maybe with the
> help of a plugin.
>
> Is there any document available on the www, or any other document that I
> should read ?

I use a Canon 5000 and finally got good results with Turboprint. They
probably support the HP also. Check with them to see.

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

mike, using Ubuntu.

--
Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

http://improve-usenet.org/