Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Eclipse CDT hangs whenever i type std::

Eclipse CDT hangs whenever i type std::

Alex Snast

hello

I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
naturally i installed eclipse

However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
whenever i type std:: which should
bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
does is just hangs for a few seconds and
does nothing.

any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

Alex Snast

On 3 יו*י, 21:57, Alex Snast <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello
>
> I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
> naturally i installed eclipse
>
> However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
> whenever i type std:: which should
> bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
> does is just hangs for a few seconds and
> does nothing.
>
> any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

Sorry it doesn't hang but rather opens the name scope after like 10
seconds

nb

> hello
>
> I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
> naturally i installed eclipse
>
> However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
> whenever i type std:: which should
> bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
> does is just hangs for a few seconds and
> does nothing.
>
> any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

use netbeans

bjeremy

On Jun 3, 3:22 pm, nb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > hello

> > I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
> > naturally i installed eclipse

> > However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
> > whenever i type std:: which should
> > bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
> > does is just hangs for a few seconds and
> > does nothing.

> > any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

Yes... that is very annoying... I use the Windriver Workbench that is
actually built ontop of Eclipse 3.3... The menus are a little bit
different, just more tool sets for profiling, on chip debugging,
etc... but the main menus are more or less the same. And I can't
remember the exact options available with the CDT plugin, but you can
probably figure this out...
Go into your Preferences menu item. On left hand side there's an
option fo "C/C++", if you drill down you will see another option for
"Editor", drill down further and you will see an option for "Content
Assist"... click on this and in the main tab you should see something
that enables Content Assist for the scope operator (:... just un-
check this...

Like I said though, depending on what version of Eclipse, the menus
are different, but if you can't find this, look in the Help section
for "Content Assisst"

Eclipse Not Recognizing CDT Plugin scottdewald@gmail.com Java 2 10-05-2006 02:08 AM
Xerces usage under Eclipse CDT.. christian.eickhoff@nt.uni-saarland.de XML 0 09-18-2006 01:06 PM
Debugging python with c++ extensions under windows with eclipse CDT peter Python 0 05-12-2005 04:39 PM
Eclipse CDT and JNI Ann Java 1 10-25-2004 12:38 AM
Clear hangs up - & hangs up - & hangs up Sue Bilstein NZ Computing 26 03-07-2004 01:33 AM

Advertisments