Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > A stupid problem

A stupid problem

brocker21@gmail.com

Hello!
I'm a beginner java programmer so my problems may seem stupid to You
but still I'm looking for any help possible. I've got a problem
starting a applet in netbeans.

When i click "run applet..." on the source code the applet starts with
no problems.
I think the problem is that there is no enabling the applet in my main
method. The program starts just that the applet is not initialized and
it's just empty. I would really like to ask for any help possible
( what to enter in the main method to initialize the applet) or any
other solution.

Cheers.

Knute Johnson

> Hello!
> I'm a beginner java programmer so my problems may seem stupid to You
> but still I'm looking for any help possible. I've got a problem
> starting a applet in netbeans.
>
> When i click "run applet..." on the source code the applet starts with
> no problems.
> I think the problem is that there is no enabling the applet in my main
> method. The program starts just that the applet is not initialized and
> it's just empty. I would really like to ask for any help possible
> ( what to enter in the main method to initialize the applet) or any
> other solution.
>
> Cheers.

Applets don't have main() methods. I'm sure your problem is in your
code though. Why don't you post it so we might have a clue what you've
written?

--

Knute Johnson
email s/knute/nospam/

Roedy Green

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:34:18 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed) wrote,

>When i click "run applet..." on the source code the applet starts with
>no problems

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/applet.html

Applets don't have a main method. Hybrids to. You can run them two
different ways.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
stupid test questions and stupid awnsers in Measureup 70-320 test john MCAD 0 10-13-2004 11:43 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments