Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Siemens C475IP - Info Services

Siemens C475IP - Info Services

Tim

Me wrote:
> I have 6 S685IP handsets and a base station.
>
> Initially, caller ID worked perfectly but after a week or so, it began
> to get slow - ie the number appeared on the screen but not the name
> from the phonebook.
>
> Initially I tested the BT line with another phone system to make sure
> all was well with callerID etc. and all was fine.

Is your phone a UK one, or did you buy from abroad before the UK version
came out?

Other countries phones can connect to an online directory. They will
try to look up the inbound number in the local phone book.

UK phones don't have this feature.

You can disable it on the settings/services page. (yes, the one without
the Set button )

Tim

mr deo

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:39:29 +0100, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 2) You said "They will try to look up the inbound number in the local
> phone book. UK phones don't have this feature."
>
> Are you saying that UK phones will never display names from the local
> phone book? Mine did at first.

Reverse Directory services are illegal in the UK.. (they can still be found
however)
That's why there arent any phone -> address services like you get in the
rest of the world..

mr deo

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 01:04:23 GMT, "mr deo"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:39:29 +0100, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> 2) You said "They will try to look up the inbound number in the local
> >> phone book. UK phones don't have this feature."
> >>
> >> Are you saying that UK phones will never display names from the local
> >> phone book? Mine did at first.
> >>

> >Reverse Directory services are illegal in the UK.. (they can still be

found
> >however)
> >That's why there arent any phone -> address services like you get in the
> >rest of the world..
> >

> This has nothing to do with reverse directory services.
>
> It is simply the issue of looking up an incoming number on the phone
> book held on the phone itself - not some external service.
>
> Me

It was more of a comment towards Tim and you too slightly ..
Tim says a lot of phones use lookup from an online directory.
If it's not pulling it from your phones saved listing's then somethings def
wrong ;(

PAJ

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:40:08 +0100, PAJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know how you turn off the annoying Info Services?
>I could not care less what the world weather is going to be like.
>
>PDF manual says to turn it off on web page: Settings>Services
>but this page does not exist.
>
>I do have: Settings>Info Services
>But this only allows me to select: Activate Info Services: YES or NO
>There is no button to keep this setting turned off!

This is fixed in latest firmware (there is now a 'Set' button).