Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Could not load type VTFixup Table from assembly Invalid token in v-table fix-up table.

Could not load type VTFixup Table from assembly Invalid token in v-table fix-up table.

David Williams

We are getting this error after clearing the web.config of database
infomation - even after using the wizard to re-enter the information.

I could find nothing (other than one other person asking about it back in
Nov) on google or MSDN.

Any help would get great!

TIA

David Williams

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi David,

I am very intertested in this issue. Would you please tell me how to
reproduce your problem on my side step by step?

Currently my suggestion is reset IIS - iisreset.

In addition, I have found a report regarding this same error before. The
reason is that the Active Reports tool is not installed correctly.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>
This posting is provided Ħ°as isĦħ with no warranties and confers no rights.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi David,

Any update to the web.config file will cause the current ASP.NET process,
which is serving the aspx page that made a change to the web.config file,
to be recycled and a new ASP.NET process will be created to continue
serving any subsequent request.

In this case, recycling and re-creating of the ASP.NET process will cause a
lot of issues, such as any pre-stored object will be lost, the original
session will be destoried, and so forth.

I suggest that we do not store the frequently-changed connectionstring in
the web.config file. Instead, we can put the into another file.