Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Speaking clock on CNET

Speaking clock on CNET

Ivor Jones

For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.

ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.

For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info

Ivor

Ivor Jones

In news:g206v5$odr$(E-Mail Removed),
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for
some strange, unexplained reason:

: I dialed the 020 number and it took an age to go through.
: According to my timex "waveceptor" which sync's up around 02:00 every
: morning there was about a 500ms delar but I put that down to network
: paths of my own voip connection.
:
: Sounds good through.
: :)
:
: Pete

Well this is all very well guys, but I know the 020 number works, I want
to know if anyone's getting through on the CNET number

Ivor

Brian A

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 21:35:16 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
>on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
>number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
>
>ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
>
>For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
>

>Ivor

I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
there?
So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
I tried via PSTN to
+1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
something off a horror movie.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
: network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
: find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
: there?
: So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
: I tried via PSTN to
: +1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
: but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
: something off a horror movie.

Ok, well there are three ways to access CNET, firstly by becoming part of
it by hosting an Asterisk box, secondly by having an ATA pointing at
someone else's Asterisk, or by calling one of the PSTN access gateways.
There's no direct way in from outside the network, it's effectively a
closed system.

There are a few PSTN gateways though, try 023 9298 8085 (2988085 on
Sipgate) that's probably the easiest to access. You'll get a recorded
message then a dial tone. Dial the number in full as quoted, i.e. for the
clock 0564 8081. (CNET in the UK uses the old "pre-phoneday" codes, i.e.
01 for London, 021 for Birmingham etc.)

Ivor

News Reader

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
> on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
> number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
>
> ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
>
> For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
>

> Ivor

Hi,

Certainly working via CNET.

Possible congestion issues but I think that is probably expected operation
(i.e. one call at a time! ).

Very nice - thanks and best wishes,

News Reader

TheFug

Ivor Jones schreef:
> For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well known
> on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on the CNET
> number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it sounds ok.
>
> ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
>
> For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
>

> Ivor

Works great, clear sound and indeed spot on with atom time, great
achiefment.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

TheFug

Ivor Jones schreef:
> In news:g206v5$odr$(E-Mail Removed),
> Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for
> some strange, unexplained reason:
>
> : I dialed the 020 number and it took an age to go through.
> : According to my timex "waveceptor" which sync's up around 02:00 every
> : morning there was about a 500ms delar but I put that down to network
> : paths of my own voip connection.
> :
> : Sounds good through.
> : :)
> :
> : Pete
>
> Well this is all very well guys, but I know the 020 number works, I want
> to know if anyone's getting through on the CNET number
>

> Ivor

You mean through Sipgate ? this works for me perfect !

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Ivor Jones

In news:3pe1k.79867$(E-Mail Removed)2,
News Reader <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: Hi,
:
: Certainly working via CNET.
:
: Possible congestion issues but I think that is probably expected
: operation (i.e. one call at a time! ).
:
: Very nice - thanks and best wishes,

The CNET number was not registering for some time today (0817 - 0908
according to the log file) so if you tried then it would have probably
returned a busy tone.

Ivor

:
:
:
: News Reader

TheFug

Ivor Jones schreef:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained
> reason:
>
> [snip]
>
> : I checked out the site but I couldn't easily find how to access the
> : network directly via voip.There is a lot to read through. I couldn't
> : find a listing under Sipbroker via the names that I tried - so is it
> : there?
> : So a potted version of how to access would be useful.
> : I tried via PSTN to
> : +1 (914) 239-5132 Recording, then dial 9, and then number -
> : but I got a very weird voice telling me to hang up - it sounded like
> : something off a horror movie.
>
> Ok, well there are three ways to access CNET, firstly by becoming part of
> it by hosting an Asterisk box, secondly by having an ATA pointing at
> someone else's Asterisk, or by calling one of the PSTN access gateways.
> There's no direct way in from outside the network, it's effectively a
> closed system.
>
> There are a few PSTN gateways though, try 023 9298 8085 (2988085 on
> Sipgate) that's probably the easiest to access. You'll get a recorded
> message then a dial tone. Dial the number in full as quoted, i.e. for the
> clock 0564 8081. (CNET in the UK uses the old "pre-phoneday" codes, i.e.
> 01 for London, 021 for Birmingham etc.)
>

> Ivor

When i dialed 2988085 on sipgate with my GPX2000, the (male) voice came
a bit hackled through, i got hanged up, at my first try, second try, i
came through,(male) voice sounded in same quality, as first call) and
strangly, the (female) time message, i then dialed, sounded better, en
clear to hear...

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

TheFug

TheFug schreef:
> Ivor Jones schreef:
>> For those on the CNET network, my speaking clock which is quite well
>> known on 020 7043 1320 (1431320 on Sipgate) is now also available on
>> the CNET number 0564 8081. Please give it a call and let me know if it
>> sounds ok.
>>
>> ATA is an AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7170.
>>
>> For more info on CNET, see www.ckts.info
>>

>> Ivor
>>

> Works great, clear sound and indeed spot on with atom time, great
> achiefment.

Through the Sipgate nummber i meant.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,