Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless network connection drops

wireless network connection drops

jje

Hello

Novice at networking. Dell desktop connected to linksys router and hp
laptop connecting wireless, both running XP Pro. Used wireless network setup
process and and installed laptop.

Printing and file sharing work from laptop, unless the wireless connection
drops and then re-establishes itself. In that case I lose printing and
filesharing from laptop and have to reboot laptop to gain
printing/filesharing again. Internet access always ok from the laptop after
the connection re-establishes.

Any suggestions?

jje

"Frankster" wrote:

> "jje" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello
> >
> > Novice at networking. Dell desktop connected to linksys router and hp
> > laptop connecting wireless, both running XP Pro. Used wireless network
> > setup
> > process and and installed laptop.
> >
> > Printing and file sharing work from laptop, unless the wireless connection
> > drops and then re-establishes itself. In that case I lose printing and
> > filesharing from laptop and have to reboot laptop to gain
> > printing/filesharing again. Internet access always ok from the laptop
> > after
> > the connection re-establishes.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

> Check to make sure you are not connecting to an unsecure network near you
> and thinking it is your own.
>
> -Frank
>
> Thanks Frank

Through my network naming, I am pretty comfortable that I am reconnecting to
my secure network.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It could be noisy signal.
Try to switch channel in the Router (actually try all the channels and see
which one works best in your environment).
http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).