Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: "Photoshopping" (or gimping) and truth-in-advertising

Re: "Photoshopping" (or gimping) and truth-in-advertising

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ignoramus23731 wrote:
>
> > I am learning slowly the various capabilities of image editing program
> > GIMP. Which looks to be a very nice program. My question is how much
> > editing would you say is acceptable, from the standpoint of
> > truthfulness in advertising.
> >
> > Check this out for example:

> Overcomplicated and unnecessary photo editing. To avoid all these hassles
> you need the proper eBay setup. This is why we use this for all out Beanie
> Baby Pics.
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/R1C1.jpg>

Who was it who said KISS - Keep It Simple S*******?

Some people prefer simple cool graphics, probably very Photoshopped to
keep it simple or perhaps the Microsoft approach
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CEmZuieb7TM
I suppose if the manipulation isn't immediately apparent but seems <too
perfect> somehow maybe this is too much.

Any changes should be <invisible> to the <layman or woman>

Don Lancaster

Stewy wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ignoramus23731 wrote:
>>
>>> I am learning slowly the various capabilities of image editing program
>>> GIMP. Which looks to be a very nice program. My question is how much
>>> editing would you say is acceptable, from the standpoint of
>>> truthfulness in advertising.
>>>
>>> Check this out for example:

>> Overcomplicated and unnecessary photo editing. To avoid all these hassles
>> you need the proper eBay setup. This is why we use this for all out Beanie
>> Baby Pics.
>>
>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/R1C1.jpg>
>>

> Who was it who said KISS - Keep It Simple S*******?
>
> Some people prefer simple cool graphics, probably very Photoshopped to
> keep it simple or perhaps the Microsoft approach
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=CEmZuieb7TM
> I suppose if the manipulation isn't immediately apparent but seems <too
> perfect> somehow maybe this is too much.
>
> Any changes should be <invisible> to the <layman or woman>

The criteria is this: Are your images BETTER than the ads in Newsweek?

If not, they need more work.

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/postproc.pdf

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (92428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Lumpy

(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> Canon is better.