Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > peculiar scenario

peculiar scenario

koyiladabalu@gmail.com

I have a strange problem. Could any one help me in solving it.
The scenario is :
I have one apache and one tomcat server on same machine. The apache
server has public access where as the tomcat server is behind the
firewall. I need a particular page from the tomcat server which should
be able to be accessed from the public url (apache).
I thought of putting a page in apache and giving an iframe url to the
tomcat server. But since tomcat is not publicly accessible iframe
cannot be used.
Can someone please help me out with this.....

Thanks in advance for ur help...

Dave Miller

> I have a strange problem. Could any one help me in solving it.
> The scenario is :
> I have one apache and one tomcat server on same machine. The apache
> server has public access where as the tomcat server is behind the
> firewall. I need a particular page from the tomcat server which should
> be able to be accessed from the public url (apache).
> I thought of putting a page in apache and giving an iframe url to the
> tomcat server. But since tomcat is not publicly accessible iframe
> cannot be used.
> Can someone please help me out with this.....
>

> Thanks in advance for ur help...

Use mod_jk or mod_proxy to connect the two - placing Tomcat behind Apache.

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at: