Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Replace aspnetdb with an Access Database

Replace aspnetdb with an Access Database

Lars

Hi

How can I replace the aspnetdb database with an Access database file so I
don't need an MSSQL connection. My ISP doesn't have an MSSQL Server running
on the same server as where my homepage is hoasted.

Lars

Lars

As I understand after browsing the Internet you can write your own
MebershipProvider I even downloaded one but that one was for an MSSQL
database. I need one for an Access Database file since my ISP does't have an
MSSQL Server running on my webserver. And there's more, the server where I
have my MSSQL database doesn't have the right ASP plutgin for creating
users.

Can any one advice or direct me to a version for C# that MembershipProvider
works with an Access Database file placed in the App_Data folder.

Yours
Lars

Is there an easier way than to
"Lars" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:N%F%j.7767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> How can I replace the aspnetdb database with an Access database file so I
> don't need an MSSQL connection. My ISP doesn't have an MSSQL Server
> running on the same server as where my homepage is hoasted.
>
> Lars

pauld

On May 29, 4:26 pm, "Lars" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> As I understand after browsing the Internet you can write your own
> MebershipProvider I even downloaded one but that one was for an MSSQL
> database. I need one for an Access Database file since my ISP does't have an
> MSSQL Server running on my webserver. And there's more, the server where I
> have my MSSQL database doesn't have the right ASP plutgin for creating
> users.
>
> Can any one advice or direct me to a version for C# that MembershipProvider
> works with an Access Database file placed in the App_Data folder.
>
> Yours
> Lars
>
> Is there an easier way than to
> "Lars" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandetnews:N%F%j.7767$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>
> > Hi

> > How can I replace the aspnetdb database with an Access database file so I
> > don't need an MSSQL connection. My ISP doesn't have an MSSQL Server
> > running on the same server as where my homepage is hoasted.

> > Lars

http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=404

These are the easiest instructions. There are also instructions for
compiling the c# dll directly. The results are the same.

HTH

Lars

Hi

Cool, that was actually the one I download three days ago. It wroks really
fine. I've manage to write oy own pages to manage the user roles.

I agree it was really easy to use. Although I don't use the the web handler
that you use from Visual Studio since I need to maintain the homepage when
it is stored on my ISP some where else in Sweden.

Thanks for the advice
Lars

news:(E-Mail Removed)...