Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Pirelli DP-L10 - change startup image..?

Pirelli DP-L10 - change startup image..?

Ivor Jones

Hi All,

Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

Ivor

voiptalker@gmail.com

On 30 May, 00:11, "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
> She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

The only way I know of is a change of to a personalised firmware -
which can be dodgy - you could end up with a 60 quid paperweight if
done wrong! I'll include some details in the mini site I'm doing for
this phone. It'll take me a while yet.....

cybuerke

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 30 May, 00:11, "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
>> She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of
>> photo.

> The only way I know of is a change of to a personalised firmware -
> which can be dodgy - you could end up with a 60 quid paperweight if
> done wrong! I'll include some details in the mini site I'm doing for
> this phone. It'll take me a while yet.....

Not wishing to hijack the thread.... BUT...

While you're there, Paul. I've invested in a SIM card for my beasty from
o2, but I'm having a right old frenzy trying to configure it for GPRS. (Not
that I'd ever consider using it for browsing or email, but yer never know
when it might come in handy, do yer?) The browser doesn't tell me to bog
off straight away - it does do its best to connect, but it stalls after a
couple of minutes. O2 support bless 'em, suck in their breath but are very
apologetic when they tell me that they don't support that machine and
regretfully ask me to depart with it to the nearest skip and buy an i-phone
instead. (Not really - just kidding, Ron.)

mymail@hotmail.com

On Thu, 29 May 2008 23:11:14 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
>She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

I have a very nice start up image on my mobile a nicer girl you could
not wish to meet and better looking than any human of any gender she
is a Great Dane .
Is there no way of importing images from desktop or downloading from
the net Ivor ? I didn't check out the Tivo the other day once I saw
the 0871 number mentioned I could not get the thing out of the house
quick enough ))))) .I must say Tesco are very good the cash was
back in my account today .

voiptalker@gmail.com

On May 30, 10:42*am, "cybuerke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've invested in a SIM card for my beasty from
> o2, but I'm having a right old frenzy trying to configure it for GPRS. *(Not
> that I'd ever consider using it for browsing or email, but yer never know
> when it might come in handy, do yer?) *The browser doesn't tell me to bog
> off straight away - it does do its best to connect, but it stalls after a
> couple of minutes. *O2 support bless 'em, suck in their breath but are very
> apologetic when they tell me that they don't support that machine and
> regretfully ask me to depart with it to the nearest skip and buy an i-phone
> instead. *(Not really - just kidding, Ron.)

I've not tried it for GPRS. The only time I tried browsing was thru'
my wifi connection rather than thu' the GSM connection and, whilst it
worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....

cybuerke

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
The only time I tried browsing was thru'
my wifi connection rather than thu' the GSM connection and, whilst it
worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....

******

Yes. Rather like walking over hot coals for a bet - OK for impressing the
troops, but not something you'd want to do on a regular basis.

Thanks Ivor, please have your thread back. Have you managed to see off
Pirelli Patsy yet?

One of these might suit you
<http://www.pirellical.com/thecal/home.html?utm_source=Pirelli.com&utm_medium=splash >

Iain

> whilst it
> worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....

Try going via google search: that way you get a page reformatted for the
phone.

Pirelli DP-L10 battery Dave Higton UK VOIP 4 05-13-2009 08:23 PM
Pirelli DP-L10 phone. T i m UK VOIP 64 07-06-2008 05:37 PM
Pirelli DP- L10 Status Al UK VOIP 7 06-04-2008 01:50 AM
XP - irritating change on startup and shutdown Caaagh Computer Support 2 11-05-2003 12:22 AM

Advertisments