Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Frames

Re: Frames

Blinky the Shark

JohnW-Mpls wrote:

> What is so terrible about Frames?

Rather than requiring the wheel to be reinvented for you here, Google the
phrase "frames are evil".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Tim Streater

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> JohnW-Mpls wrote:
>
> > What is so terrible about Frames?

> Rather than requiring the wheel to be reinvented for you here, Google the
> phrase "frames are evil".

Except that they aren't

There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
everything else).

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> everything else).

Did you get permission from Travis to say this?

--
dorayme

Tim Streater

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> > use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> > everything else).

> Did you get permission from Travis to say this?

Who's he?

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> > > use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> > > everything else).

> > Did you get permission from Travis to say this?

> Who's he?

He is the mother of motherhood statements.

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> JohnW-Mpls wrote:
>>
>>> What is so terrible about Frames?

>> Rather than requiring the wheel to be reinvented for you here, Google the
>> phrase "frames are evil".

> Except that they aren't
>
> There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> everything else).

Sure use frames, but then don't complain about all the bumps and warts
that come with them.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Tim Streater

In article <cb9c7$483ffc06$40cba7a3$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Tim Streater wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
> > Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Rather than requiring the wheel to be reinvented for you here, Google the
> >> phrase "frames are evil".

> > Except that they aren't
> >
> > There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> > use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> > everything else).

> Sure use frames, but then don't complain about all the bumps and warts
> that come with them.

I don't! That's just it. Far as I can tell, they work as advertised.

Jonathan N. Little

Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <cb9c7$483ffc06$40cba7a3$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Sure use frames, but then don't complain about all the bumps and warts
>> that come with them.

> I don't! That's just it. Far as I can tell, they work as advertised.

Fine, until your ask how to synchronize frames without reliance on
JavaScript...one of many shortcomings that is commonly asked here.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Tim Streater

In article <c1e30$483ffee7$40cba7a3$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Tim Streater wrote:
> > In article <cb9c7$483ffc06$40cba7a3$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Sure use frames, but then don't complain about all the bumps and warts
> >> that come with them.

> > I don't! That's just it. Far as I can tell, they work as advertised.

> Fine, until your ask how to synchronize frames without reliance on
> JavaScript...one of many shortcomings that is commonly asked here.

That is unlikely to be a problem. Most of my apps will fail if JS is not
enabled (and most of them don't use frames). But the users have my phone
number anyway, so if it became an issue I would request that their boss
tell them that it's a requirement of the job that they enable it.
They're all either colleagues or subcontractors.

Travis Newbury

On May 30, 5:24 am, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > There are circumstances in which they are useful. My advice would be to
> > use them if they suit your purpose, and not if they don't (like
> > everything else).

> Did you get permission from Travis to say this?

Thanks for covering for me in my absence...

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments