Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Use Excelsheet in ASP.NET for calculation

Use Excelsheet in ASP.NET for calculation

jelle79

Hi,

I want to use a difficult Excelsheet as source for my calculation in a
ASP.NET (C#) page. I have 5 input fields on my ASP.NET page and when I press
the submit button I want to put these values into the sheet in cell A1:A5.
And then in A6 an awnser will appear, this awnser needs to be shown on the
ASP.NET page.

Is this possible? And how? (examples) And what serverside software do I need?

Eliyahu Goldin

There are products doing Excel calculations without Excel. Here is one of
them:
http://www.spreadsheetgear.com/suppo...alcengine.aspx

Google for Excel Calculation Engine for more.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"jelle79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I want to use a difficult Excelsheet as source for my calculation in a
> ASP.NET (C#) page. I have 5 input fields on my ASP.NET page and when I
> press
> the submit button I want to put these values into the sheet in cell A1:A5.
> And then in A6 an awnser will appear, this awnser needs to be shown on the
> ASP.NET page.
>
> Is this possible? And how? (examples) And what serverside software do I
> need?

jelle79

Thanks Mark,

Do you know if it's also possible with a Microsoft Office (Serverside)
product?

--
Jelle de Jong

"Mark Rae [MVP]" wrote:

> "jelle79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Is this possible?

> Yes.
>
> > And how? (examples) And what serverside software do I need?

> http://www.aspose.com/categories/fil...a/default.aspx
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

jelle79

Eliyahu,

I'm not looking for an Excel-Calculation Engine, but a component to open a
XLS-file and use this file in my ASP.NET page for the calculation.

So a user uploads his XLS sheet, specifies what fields are used for input
(A1:A5) en what field show the output after Excel has run a calculation.

So I want something like this:

ExcelObject e = new ExcelObject("C:\Path_to\My_worksheet.xls");
e.setValue("A1", 1000);
e.setValue("A2", 400);
int result = e.getValue("A3"); // Content A3: =(A1/A2)

Response.Write("Result = " + result); // = 2.5