Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem using Idle under Linux - mouse not working well

Problem using Idle under Linux - mouse not working well

Matthias Sommer

I have a strange problem using the python-Idle: I'm used to be able to
position the cursor by clicking on the desired position. When I run Idle
under Mandriva (or under Arch Linux as well) this does not work.

Running under windows it works, running under Xandros linux on my eee pc
it works too, so it's not linux specific.

I already asked on the (german) python ng. There have been reports that
it works too on Suse and Ubuntu. But as of yet no hint where to look to
make it working under Arch oder Mandriva.

Strange enough, i can position the Cursor by Ctrl-clicking.

I tried with a tiny Tk program with a single text field - there the
positioning does work too.

So it seems to be a bug in the distro(s) and regarding only Idle not
Tkinter in total. Where could I look?

Thanks in advance

Matthias