Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Closing a file handle in parent

Closing a file handle in parent

subrahmanya

Hi All

A process spawns another process and it inherits all the parent
process handles. While the child process is existing if parent process
closes a file handle will the corresponding handle be accessible in
child process or this gets closed automatically (on windows). I am
writing a program in C++ where I want the corresponding handle in
child process also be closed.

Thanks in advance
Subrahmanya

Jerry Coffin

In article <7b52be71-c113-48ff-a0b5-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi All
>
> A process spawns another process and it inherits all the parent
> process handles. While the child process is existing if parent process
> closes a file handle will the corresponding handle be accessible in
> child process or this gets closed automatically (on windows). I am
> writing a program in C++ where I want the corresponding handle in
> child process also be closed.

These issues are all related to the OS, not the language -- you'll need
to ask in a newsgroup specific to the OS you're using.

--
Later,
Jerry.