Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Duke JRE and JDK icons

Duke JRE and JDK icons

Roedy Green

The Duke icons for general use are almost ready. You can see the
proofs at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/duke.html
There is one for JRE and one for JDK.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Roedy Green

On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:46:53 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
said :

>Maybe instead of a toolkit, that would disappear on smaller icons, why
>not have him hold one or two large tools in his hands (hammer, wrench, a
>board of wood etc.).

Too late now. I am getting a woodpecker done next. Perhaps you have
some ideas for it.

http://mindprod.com/image\icon32/unmain.png;

I would like a Vista icon/png files for another icon, a woodpecker.
Here is a rough sketch of him appearing to cling to a vertical
surface.

It needs a complete tail and head and perhaps slightly brighter
colours, transparent background. That little blob to the right in
supposed to represent the feet. He should be a bit taller and thinner
than I have shown. Have a look with google image at some real life
woodpecker photos.

He is the mascot of my unmaintainable code essay.

--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

On Thu, 29 May 2008 00:32:19 GMT, Roedy Green
someone who said :

>Too late now. I am getting a woodpecker done next. Perhaps you have
>some ideas for it.

"If engineers built buildings the way computer programmers designed
buildings, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy
civilisation."
~ anonymous

--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Tim Slattery

Sabine Dinis Blochberger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not much I can add, except I like that you didn't choose the species
>that is more like the Disney character.

Woody Woodpecker isn't Disney, he was originated by the late Walter
Lantz, and he blongs to Universal now, I think. He's a pileated
woodpecker.

>The way they sit on trees is enough to identify them IMO.

Not to mention their large, bright red crest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...t-suet-log.jpg

--
Tim Slattery
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

Roedy Green

On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:36:43 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
said :

>I could pixel (or clean up an image you have) you an icon, depending on
>the size you need. Yes, for free <g>.

I have already placed the order for the woodpecker. If you have a
look at the site and see any dodgy icons, please do have a stab at
cleaning them up, or replacing them altogether.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Roedy Green

On Thu, 29 May 2008 09:25:28 -0400, Tim Slattery <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Woody Woodpecker isn't Disney, he was originated by the late Walter
>Lantz, and he blongs to Universal now, I think. He's a pileated
>woodpecker.

I don't want to get into any hassles with copyright. I have seen how
Disney is very heavy handed even for completely non-commercial use,
e.g. little kids dressing up in home made costumes in a parade.

I though I suppose some sort of malice in his expression might be
desirable.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com

Daniele Futtorovic

On 2008-05-29 23:54 +0100, Roedy Green allegedly wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 09:25:28 -0400, Tim Slattery <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
>> Woody Woodpecker isn't Disney, he was originated by the late Walter
>> Lantz, and he blongs to Universal now, I think. He's a pileated
>> woodpecker.

> I don't want to get into any hassles with copyright. I have seen how
> Disney is very heavy handed even for completely non-commercial use,
> e.g. little kids dressing up in home made costumes in a parade.
>
> I though I suppose some sort of malice in his expression might be
> desirable.

Nay, just make him show some skin.

--
DF.
to reply privately, change the top-level domain

Diff. the JRE INSIDE the jdk folder and JRE OUTSIDE the JDK folder? Jochen Brenzlinger Java 5 09-02-2011 08:48 PM
JRE / JDK icons Roedy Green Java 5 05-06-2008 11:14 AM
Re-engineer application to run in JRE 1.4.2 against old JRE 1.1.7 Prasoon Java 1 04-13-2007 10:20 AM
What is the difference between J2EE, JDK, JDK-SDK, JRE and J2SE packages ? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 08-10-2006 07:12 PM
JRE crash in production ... how to tell JRE is beta? nospawn Java 2 04-25-2006 11:27 AM

Advertisments