Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS2008 SP1

VS2008 SP1

Cirene

Anyone know when the final, non-beta version will be available for download?

Cirene

i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know about
it's stability

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "This summer" according to
> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx
>
> Another variant is "when ready"
>
> --
> Patrice
>
> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : #zerZz$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know when the final, non-beta version will be available for
>> download?

Juan T. Llibre

I've been running it with no problems.
It fixes a few things...

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know about it's stability
>
> "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "This summer" according to
>> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx
>>
>> Another variant is "when ready"
>>
>> --
>> Patrice
>>
>> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
>> #zerZz$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone know when the final, non-beta version will be available for download?

Cirene

Great to know. Perhaps i'll give it a whirl and if it acts up i'll just
uninstall it - if it's easy enuf to do.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been running it with no problems.
> It fixes a few things...
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know
>> about it's stability
>>
>> "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "This summer" according to
>>> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx
>>>
>>> Another variant is "when ready"
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrice
>>>
>>> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>>> discussion : #zerZz$(E-Mail Removed)...

Andy B

Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta in order to
have stuff made with it actually work?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been running it with no problems.
> It fixes a few things...
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know
>> about it's stability
>>
>> "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "This summer" according to
>>> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx
>>>
>>> Another variant is "when ready"
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrice
>>>
>>> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>>> discussion : #zerZz$(E-Mail Removed)...

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta
!> in order to have stuff made with it actually work?

The .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1 beta includes the .net 3.5 sp1 beta bits.

"Andy B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta in order to have stuff made with it actually work?
>

> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running it with no problems.
>> It fixes a few things...
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know about it's stability

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> if it acts up i'll just uninstall it - if it's easy enuf to do.

Thanks for including the smiley...

If you need to uninstall it, follow the directions detailed here :
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...m#Uninstalling

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great to know. Perhaps i'll give it a whirl and if it acts up i'll just uninstall it - if it's easy enuf to do.
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running it with no problems.
>> It fixes a few things...
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> "Cirene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> i'm scared to install the beta on my dev machine because i don't know about it's stability

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta
!> in order to have stuff made with it actually work?

Aargh !

My reply should have been :

The VS 2008 SP 1 beta includes the .net 3.5 sp1 beta bits.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta
> !> in order to have stuff made with it actually work?
>
> The .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1 beta includes the .net 3.5 sp1 beta bits.

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Andy B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Doesn't the live server have to be running .net 3.5 sp1 beta in order to have stuff made with it actually work?
>>

>> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've been running it with no problems.
>>> It fixes a few things...
>>>

>>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/