Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Birth Of Thriller Cover chapter 2--The Call Back

The Birth Of Thriller Cover chapter 2--The Call Back

HiBob

The Call Back

Three days later I received a phone call from CBS Records saying that
phase one was over and now Michael wanted to come to see my studio
and
look at my photographs. My studio entrance has a loud buzzer, but
instead there was a very gentle knock at the door. Rather than have
my
secretary answer the door, I wanted to answer it myself. I wanted
Michael to know that I was real and approachable and also wanted to
avoid anything that may have had the potential of creating an
uncomfortable situation for Michael. Evidently I passed the test as I
received confirmation two days later from CBS that Michael had
selected me to do the honors, and the album shoot was scheduled to
take place in two weeks.

My fee from CBS was to be $4,000.00 - which was very good back then
(and just about top dollar for an album cover). During the next two
weeks I had various meetings with the creative heads from CBS and
Freddie Demand, Michael's Manager at that time. The purpose was to
create a visual direction for the album that everyone agreed on.

Source:
http://www.michael-jackson-lyrics.com