Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Want to use network to backup computers

Want to use network to backup computers

Uncle Scotty

Hi,

I want to use my wireless network to back up files on to an external
(USB) HD, in Windows XP, rather than move the HD from computer to
computer. The MyDocuments folder for the source computer was made
shareable, but I couldn't see it across the network on the target
computer to. I also tried to make the drive shareable, which Windows
says it is, but I could not see it on the source computer to map a
network drive.

What am I doing wrong? Scott

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
In order to copy file (or any other type of backup), it is the destination
drive that has to be sharable.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-