Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > looking for freeware image downloader

looking for freeware image downloader

snafuone@earthlink.net

can anyone recommend one? I want one where i can input a URL, and the
software will start grabbing any .jpg, .gif, .png, .etc. it finds. I
want one sophisticated, where it will search through any links
associated with that page.

thanks!!

Matt Ion

> can anyone recommend one? I want one where i can input a URL, and the
> software will start grabbing any .jpg, .gif, .png, .etc. it finds. I
> want one sophisticated, where it will search through any links
> associated with that page.
>
> thanks!!

DownThemAll, a plugin for Firefox. (If you're not using FireFox, I have
no sympathy).

Sharon

On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:25:14 -0700, Matt Ion wrote:

>> can anyone recommend one? I want one where i can input a URL, and the
>> software will start grabbing any .jpg, .gif, .png, .etc. it finds.

> DownThemAll, a plugin for Firefox http://www.downthemall.net

Wget for Windows
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

Sharon

On 25 May 2008 14:33:20 GMT, ray wrote:
> wget

I would have said wget too - wait - I did! But, that was before I had heard
of the Firefox DownThemAll plugin.

What a great tool is DownThemAll!

What I like and what wget can't do natively is DownThemAll renames a file
if there is another file of the same name. And, it's a gui, unlike wget.