Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit IE and WMP

64 bit IE and WMP

Don

Hey gang,

I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet Explorer,
and Windows Media Player.

Do you see any significant difference, in using the above versus their 32
bit counterparts?

--
Don

Mark H

Yes.
The web is not ready for 64-bit, so many add-ons like Flash will not work.

Otherwise, no.

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey gang,
>
> I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet

Explorer,
> and Windows Media Player.
>
> Do you see any significant difference, in using the above versus their 32
> bit counterparts?
>

> --
> Don

Carlos

There's also no Java support for IE 64-bit yet, only for IE 32-bit.
I am not sure about the activeX controls, whether they would work or not.
Carlos

"Mark H" wrote:

> Yes.
> The web is not ready for 64-bit, so many add-ons like Flash will not work.
>
> Otherwise, no.
>
> "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey gang,
> >
> > I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet

> Explorer,
> > and Windows Media Player.
> >
> > Do you see any significant difference, in using the above versus their 32
> > bit counterparts?
> >

> > --
> > Don

Colin Barnhorst

I don't think so because isn't that why WU requires 32bit IE?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's also no Java support for IE 64-bit yet, only for IE 32-bit.
> I am not sure about the activeX controls, whether they would work or not.
> Carlos
>
> "Mark H" wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>> The web is not ready for 64-bit, so many add-ons like Flash will not
>> work.
>>
>> Otherwise, no.
>>
>> "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hey gang,
>> >
>> > I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet

>> Explorer,
>> > and Windows Media Player.
>> >
>> > Do you see any significant difference, in using the above versus their
>> > 32
>> > bit counterparts?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don

Tony Sperling

I don't think the 'web' cares about 'bitness'. Sun, Macromedia and Mac
obviously does - I suspect it is largely because of ActiveX?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's also no Java support for IE 64-bit yet, only for IE 32-bit.
> I am not sure about the activeX controls, whether they would work or not.
> Carlos
>
> "Mark H" wrote:
>
> > Yes.
> > The web is not ready for 64-bit, so many add-ons like Flash will not

work.

> > Otherwise, no.
> >
> > "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hey gang,
> > >
> > > I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet

> > Explorer,
> > > and Windows Media Player.
> > >
> > > Do you see any significant difference, in using the above versus their

32
> > > bit counterparts?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Don

Carlos

Ok, buddies.
Time for both of you to learn something new.
Try to view this page:
http://www.upshot.com/login/javatest...avavmtest.html
in both IE-32 and IE-64.
In IE-32 you will see a spinning (Java) triangle.
In IE-64 you will see a red "x".
See what I mean?
There is no Java (Sun) support yet for IE-64.
There exists Java x64 but it still doesn't support IE-64.

Carlos
noticias news:%(E-Mail Removed)...