Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Playing an audio file in our site???

Playing an audio file in our site???

Sobin Thomas

Hi,All...
I found in one of the articles on the net that an audio file can be played
in asp.net by setting the Hyperlink's Navigate Url as the audio file name.
ie, Hyperlink1.NavigateUrl="~\\songs\\mysong.wav";
And it works pretty well for me.Is there any disadvantage in using this
method.If so, what is the preferred method of playing an audio file in
asp.net?
Thanking you in advance for your reply...
Best regards.......

S_K

On May 23, 12:34*am, "Sobin Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,All...
> I found in one of the articles on the net that an audio file can be played
> in asp.net by setting the Hyperlink's Navigate Url as the audio file name.
> ie, Hyperlink1.NavigateUrl="~\\songs\\mysong.wav";
> And it works pretty well for me.Is there any disadvantage in using this
> method.If so, what is the preferred method of playing an audio file in
> asp.net?
> Thanking you in advance for your reply...
> Best regards.......

I tried this method and it didn't work for me.
I recieved an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden. error.

Any suggestions?