Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can a GUI be coded entirely in HTML?

Can a GUI be coded entirely in HTML?

hbagnordi@gmail.com

Hi,

I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?

I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
the HTML code.

Thanks a lot,
Borracho

Travis Newbury

On May 23, 2:15 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
> product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?

What is a HTML project? Website? web Application?

> I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
> if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
> the HTML code.

Virtually anything your mind can imagine for a computer monitor can be
achieved with the tools out there. If you are limiting yourself to
HTML, then the answer is no. If you want to take other technologies
into play, then yes.

viza

On May 23, 7:15 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
> product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?
>
> I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
> if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
> the HTML code.

You can write a user interface entirely in html, but there is no
guarantee that it will be graphical.

Consider the little NAT boxes (home routers) that people use to share
an internet connection. They often have a user interface which is web
based, but if the user chooses to use a text mode browser to use it
then that is beyond the developers' control.

You will of course need to write a web server, or at least a CGI
application to interface it to your program. The easiest way to do
that would be in php, which is OT here.

HTH
viza

hbagnordi@gmail.com

On May 22, 11:15 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an HTML project and wanted to add a GUI to the final
> product. Will it be possible to code the entire GUI in HTML?
>
> I would like to get some feedback from GUI experts on this topic and
> if possible links to tools/software available that can help generate
> the HTML code.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Borracho

Thank you all for your replies,

The application is a web tool that has a standalone and a web browser
version. The intention is not to use Javascript but to keep all the
code in HTML. I am not familiar with CSS but might be a valid
alternative to explore. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would
love to hear them.

Borracho