Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > sending messages

sending messages

JLunis

Hope this is the proper ng
Is there a way to send messages from computer to computer?
That is, I want to be able to send short messages from my PC to my
laptop over the wireles network. Max length needs to be < 25 char.

Jim Seifert [MSFT]

This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:

net send

The syntax of this command is:

NET SEND
{name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}

newsgroup purposes only.
"JLunis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:W6B2e.68$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hope this is the proper ng
> Is there a way to send messages from computer to computer?
> That is, I want to be able to send short messages from my PC to my laptop
> over the wireles network. Max length needs to be < 25 char.

old guy

Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
> This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
>
> net send
>
> The syntax of this command is:
>

> NET SEND
> {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}

Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
name - is that the name of my network?
DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

BobC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:45:23 -0500, old guy wrote:

> Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
>> This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
>>
>> net send
>>
>> The syntax of this command is:
>>

>> NET SEND
>> {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}
>>

> Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
> name - is that the name of my network?
> DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

start > help and support > search > "net send".

There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

JLunis

BobC wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:45:23 -0500, old guy wrote:
>

>>Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
>>
>>>This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
>>>
>>>net send
>>>
>>>The syntax of this command is:
>>>

>>>NET SEND
>>>{name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}
>>>

>>Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
>>name - is that the name of my network?
>>DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

> start > help and support > search > "net send".
>
> There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

You were correct. Only problem - I still didn't find what a DOMAIN name
is. The examples just put a word 'robertf' in the DOMAIN slot.

BobC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:24:18 -0500, JLunis wrote:

> BobC wrote:

>>>Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
>>>name - is that the name of my network?
>>>DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

>> start > help and support > search > "net send".
>>
>> There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

> You were correct. Only problem - I still didn't find what a DOMAIN name
> is. The examples just put a word 'robertf'

In the help discription the character | means "or". You do not need to
include a domain name it is optional.