Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > please help i don't want to format i will need 3 days to reinstalleverything

please help i don't want to format i will need 3 days to reinstalleverything

whatever

hello everyone

i am one of the stupid people that has windows xp x64 pro
there is this one online flash game i play
age of war by maxgames.com
its really a stupid game whatever this isn't about that

when i get into the game my system speaker starts going off
one time i tried to just ignore it and well after like 20 minutes of
beeping it had a thermals shutdown.
now i will i could say this is just for from this game but it isn't.
when i watch certain youtube videos the beeping starts again.
apparently the videos aren't long enough to cause a thermal shutdown

now i have a
500w power supply
intell E6600 processor on a ECS P4M900T-M motherboard
2gb ram ddr2 (2x1gb)
no cd-rom drives
4 hard drives
everything else in integrated onto the motherboard

6 system fans

120mm cpu fan with 3 speed and heat sensor
120mm power supply fan with 3 speed and heat sensor
2 80mm rear case fans for air intake
1 80mm side fan for air exoust
1 80mm front fan for exoust removes heat from 4 hard drives.

i have never had a system over heat before this
i have checked all the fans for performance and wires are not in the
way

my theory is my processor is trying to split the flash game into 2
processors and its failing
the lag causes the system to be redundant and heat up for no reason
thus the system beep at every processor failure

misc.
i have adobe master collection installed CS3 it came with a unique
flash player for testing .swf files.
but i use the flash player to play other games i have and i have no
problem.

what can i do to prevent another thermal shutdown?

no, not playing the game and not going to youtube in not an option.

last note
i have virtual pc 2007 i have windows installed on that as well
mainly to test web pages with different resolutions and different
browsers
the game also causes the beeping in virtual pc witch is supposedly a
32 bit windows installation and virtual pc is set to mostly run of the
second processor

thanks for your help.
!!!oh why! why the hell did i upgrade my pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.SubZero

You should check to make sure the CPU is properly attached to the
heatsink with quality thermal compound and that the fan for it is
circulating air.

You could also have a bad CPU.

umwhat

He is probably trying to use the onboard graphics to play that game. I
suspect you need a good graphics card to play that game for starters. If you
can't afford a graphics card play the smaller games and you may not have the
same problems. I have tried onboard graphics and they can struggle for a
short time with games but a NZ$120-$150 graphics card has been the answer for
me.
--
....scribble...scribble...scribble...