Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Upgrading from home basic 64 bit

Upgrading from home basic 64 bit

danumoonfire

I ordered the home premium upgrade, however I was sent the 32 bit and I
currently have the 64 bit home basic. I was told I would have to order the
64 bit from Microsoft. I received that disk today. How do I go about
installing them? which one do I install first? My Pc has been restored to
factory settings.

Charlie Russel - MVP

If you have Vista Home Basic 64 bit on your PC now, then the upgrade only
requires you to insert the 64-bit DVD you received, and run setup from it.
(It should autostart when you insert the DVD.) Choose upgrade rather then
Custom for the install type to preserve your current settings.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...