Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debug Classic .ASP?

Debug Classic .ASP?

Waldy

Hi there,
I have spent the last three days trying to get b&st&rd Visual
Interdev debugging again but to no avail. I also have VS 2003 and 2005
installed. Should I be able to use either of those to debug .ASP projects?
I did try but the breakpoints are ignored like they are in VI.

sloan

This might help

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx

Look for:
Visual Studio Support for Classic ASP Intellisense and Debugging

It looks like VS2008 ONLY with SP1 ONLY (which is in beta right now).

But I'm no expert, just sharing what I saw.

"Waldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> I have spent the last three days trying to get b&st&rd Visual
> Interdev debugging again but to no avail. I also have VS 2003 and 2005
> installed. Should I be able to use either of those to debug .ASP
> projects? I did try but the breakpoints are ignored like they are in VI.

sloan

Actually:

//quote
Previous versions of Visual Studio included support for intellisense and
debugging within classic ASP (.asp) pages.
//end quote

suggests that earlier than 2008 was possible.

But I have no idea. I haven't used asp in like ... 50 years it seems like.
(1999-2000 ??)

"sloan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This might help
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...ck-1-beta.aspx
>
> Look for:
> Visual Studio Support for Classic ASP Intellisense and Debugging
>
> It looks like VS2008 ONLY with SP1 ONLY (which is in beta right now).
>
> But I'm no expert, just sharing what I saw.
>

> "Waldy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23o$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi there,
>> I have spent the last three days trying to get b&st&rd
>> Visual Interdev debugging again but to no avail. I also have VS 2003 and
>> 2005 installed. Should I be able to use either of those to debug .ASP
>> projects? I did try but the breakpoints are ignored like they are in VI.

Waldy

I managed to get debugging working in VS2005. If you open the web site as a
project in 2005, you then have to attach to the process rather than start
the project, and the debugger will step through the code.