Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Benchmarks, you know ya wanna post em ;)

Benchmarks, you know ya wanna post em ;)

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

<-Intel proc, AMD benchmark would likely NOT work.
So ok, I got 3DMark now, WTF? What do I do?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

you open it, and push Benchmark. Itll run through whatever tests your pc can handle, which will very likely be allof them for you, and it will rate your computer in 3D Marks when its finished. Tellushow many 3D Marks you get. Which version of 3D Mark is it?

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Or if you have the full version you can decide which test you want to run and for the actual score you only NEED to run the game tests. If you don't have full version you can't do anything about that and have to sit through the rest too.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

that depends which version of 3D Makr he has. in 01 you can choose which tests to do on the free version.

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhArD
that depends which version of 3D Makr he has. in 01 you can choose which tests to do on the free version.
01 isn't worth running anymore, it's just too out of date to properly stress and measure todays hardware.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I know and it sucks because my pc can hardly run '03 :'( My list of stuff to buy has grown a lot 80GB HDD, another 512MB RAM, new PSU, Decent cooling and mebe eventually get a 64 3200+. Itll be a long time before i get all that if i even do get it though

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Work and save good man, work and save

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I actually might get all that sooner than expected... if i get a 64 3000+ instead, thats about $220, plus $75 for 512MB RAM, about $80 for the HDD, thats about $375, plus whatever i end up paying for PSU and cooling. Ive got about $320 lying around now, so i could go and buy all that stuff pretty soon if i wanted. We'll see.

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

Here's a few of my older ones;