Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Benchmarks, you know ya wanna post em ;)

Benchmarks, you know ya wanna post em ;)

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

After a LOT of testing today I think I have finally settled on the safest stable overclocks for my system and it has definately paid off by increasing my performance to a level I'm happy with. Stock scores are as follows:
3dmark03: 7255
3dmark05: 3252
Aquamark3: 42,555
Overclocked scores are as follows:
3dmark03: 8100
3dmark05: 3615
Aquamark3: 46,686
And this is from the following system:
Athlon XP 2500+ (1860MHz @ 1.65V Stock)
NF7-S Rev 2.0 motherboard
2x 256MB generic 333MHz
Asus N6600GT (500/900 stock)
Seagate 160GB
Overclocked settings and misc settings:
2500+ OC'd to 2205MHz @ 1.675V (~3200+)
FSB: 200MHz
Multiplier: 11
Chipset voltage @ 1.7V (1.6V stock)
Ram voltage @ 2.7V (2.6V stock)
To check for stability I ran a series of tests including 3dmark03, 3dmark05, and aquamark3 in succession over and over again. Also using the arithmetic and multimedia cpu burn-in wizard from Sandra SiSoft which I also plan to run overnight for final checks. All this with stock heatsinks and cooling so I am pretty happy for now. Hopefully when I implement my water cooling I can get some more performance out of it.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i need a better chipset cooler to mark any good overclocks... not to worry a DFI lanparty is coming my way

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

not without Tyson it isnt

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

no i am paying for it i have a well paying job ross

PUTALE PUTALE is offline
Senior Member

i am too embarassed to post my score.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

lol

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUTALE
i am too embarassed to post my score.
Don't be, everyone has to start somewhere

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

ive only tested mine in 3dMark 01 and 03. i doubt 05 would even go, with the crappy score i got in 03
3DMark 01 - 13093
3DMark 03 - 4906
AMD N-Bench 3 - 2205 Overall
Thats about all the benchmarking ive done so far. Overclocking isnt high priority at the moment, need to make it faster before i overclock it more ram, and ill need some decent cooling. im using stock cooling now, and it sits on 31 degrees idle and up to 38 under load

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

38 load aint bad, mate you should hear what I get
If it doesn't go over 60 it isn't gonna hurt or damage performance, trust me mate.

i know that, i know its fine at the moment, but soon as summer comes around, if i overclock it im ****ed