Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Help with auto transfer of Excel data

Help with auto transfer of Excel data

shiloh

We use Microsoft Office XP. I have individual work order sheets in Microsoft
Excel which contain general info such as work order #, date in, date out,
name, etc. This info then needs to eventually be transferred into a work
order log in order to compile quarterly reports. We can have 400 or more
work orders per quarter and it would be much easier if the individual work
order information would automatically transfer to the work order log. I am
able to get the first work order to transfer but don't know how to get
subsequent work orders to populate the next rows down. Does it take an "if
then statement of some sort? Probably a pretty basic question, but I'm
fairly new to this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pawan K

You can do one thing here :
Copy the source cell and go the destination sheet and choose the option--
Edit--> Paste Special--> Paste Link

Repat this step for every cell, for which you want an updated value.

By doing this, your destination sheet will get updated each time, whenever
the source file has got some changes.
But you would need to remind that it will show you link message everytime
you will open the destination file, and another-- source file should not
deleted.

Let me know how was it.
Thanks
Pawan K