Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Good Site to Download AVG

Good Site to Download AVG

Brad

Hi,

I have a dial-up connection. I can't afford high speed.

I tried to download AVG anti-virus software (45MB) from the following site
below, but after 1.5 hours, a problem occurred with the download.

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Vir...=dl&tag=button

Note: I did this very early one morning, but the download rate was 30kbs!
Normally, I can download around 53kbs early in the morning.

A Google search found so many places to download AVG, that I was
overwhelmed. What is a good site to download AVG?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Paul

Brad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dial-up connection. I can't afford high speed.
>
> I tried to download AVG anti-virus software (45MB) from the following site
> below, but after 1.5 hours, a problem occurred with the download.
>
> http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Vir...=dl&tag=button
>
> Note: I did this very early one morning, but the download rate was 30kbs!
> Normally, I can download around 53kbs early in the morning.
>
> A Google search found so many places to download AVG, that I was
> overwhelmed. What is a good site to download AVG?
>
> Thanks in advance, Brad
>
> Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
> be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Grisoft appears to be the source.

http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download-...s-free-edition

http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe
---> http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/inst/a...8_100a1295.exe

A quick test gives a file size of 45.6MB, and the download starts at 90KB/sec.
So there seems to be enough server bandwidth there, to keep one extra
dialup user happy.

Have fun,
Paul

Baron

Brad Inscribed thus:

> Hi,
>
> I have a dial-up connection. I can't afford high speed.
>
> I tried to download AVG anti-virus software (45MB) from the
> following site
> below, but after 1.5 hours, a problem occurred with the download.

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Vir...=dl&tag=button

> Note: I did this very early one morning, but the download rate was
> 30kbs!
> Normally, I can download around 53kbs early in the morning.
>
> A Google search found so many places to download AVG, that I was
> overwhelmed. What is a good site to download AVG?
>
> Thanks in advance, Brad
>
> Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
> be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

You are aware that if you phone AVG they will send you an evaluation
CD !
--
Best Reagrds:
Baron.