Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipfone Can Port Virgin Media Numbers

Voipfone Can Port Virgin Media Numbers

tommy_f

I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
the weekend.

Dear Tom Ford

We are often asked if we can transfer Virgin Media telephone numbers
onto our network and we’re pleased to say that now we can.

If you would like to do this, you’ll find the process here:
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Porting_Numbers.php

(Virgin Media includes the old NTL and TeleWest numbers.)

Kind Regards

Voipfone Customer Services

Tel: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556
Web: www.voipfone.co.uk
User Forum: www.voipfoneuserforum.com

mymail@hotmail.com

On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
>from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
>can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
>the weekend.

They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .

Brian A

On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:49:01 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
>>from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
>>can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
>>the weekend.

>They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .

I asked voip.co.uk about this once and, unless my memory fails me, I
don't think that there was a charge at all.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

mymail@hotmail.com

On Fri, 23 May 2008 11:53:49 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:49:01 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
>>>from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
>>>can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
>>>the weekend.

>>They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .

>I asked voip.co.uk about this once and, unless my memory fails me, I
>don't think that there was a charge at all.

Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

Tim

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
> knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
> excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
> expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
when they go wrong. It has a cost.

Tim

mymail@hotmail.com

On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:07:10 +0100, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
>> knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
>> excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
>> expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

>Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
>when they go wrong. It has a cost.
>
>Tim

What one can do without cost ( voip.co.uk ) all can do, but I suppose
if people are to lazy to notify people of a change of number then I
suppose they deserve to pay .

Brian A

On Fri, 23 May 2008 16:04:31 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:07:10 +0100, Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
>>> knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
>>> excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
>>> expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

>>Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
>>when they go wrong. It has a cost.
>>
>>Tim

>What one can do without cost ( voip.co.uk ) all can do, but I suppose
>if people are to lazy to notify people of a change of number then I
>suppose they deserve to pay .

Personally I think that it is quite reasonable to make a charge. Just
how much that should be is a matter of conjecture.
If the number is a business one then porting is perfectly
understandable.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

glambert glambert is offline
Junior Member

Porting charges are often because companies charge for numbers to be ported from them and there is also a lot of work to be done to get numbers ported over.

Time is money, and if the voip company is charged money then they will simply pass on the charge to the company as well.