Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > cp

call_me_anything

Is there some language level support for operations like cp, mv, find
etc. ?
Requirement is to have a code which will do file cp/mv, look for some
files recursively etc.
Also, the code should run on linux, solaris as well as windows.

The Architect

On May 19, 2:25 pm, utab <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 02:09:22 -0700, call_me_anything wrote:
> > Is there some language level support for operations like cp, mv, find
> > etc. ?
> > Requirement is to have a code which will do file cp/mv, look for some
> > files recursively etc.
> > Also, the code should run on linux, solaris as well as windows.

> These are not standard C++ features however Boost::filesystem is what you
> are looking for, for the time being I am not sure how much of your
> requirements are satisfied by this library but I suppose quite a lot
>
> --
> Umut

Yes Boost would be the way to go for if you require "platform
independent" file support in C++.