Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MS word PDF conversion component

MS word PDF conversion component

yootaeho@gmail.com

Hi all,

Does anyone know that there is PDF conversion component from MS word
for ASP.NET?
I know that there are a number of commecial PDF conversion programs
but I just wonder if there are free components out there?

Thanks in advance.

yootaeho@gmail.com

On May 19, 10:06*am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know that there is PDF conversion component from MS word
> > for ASP.NET?

> Do you mean e.g. that someone will upload a Word document to an ASP.NET
> site, and that site will convert it to a PDF document?
>
> If so, then you need this:http://www.aspose.com/categories/fil.../aspose.words-...
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.
First of all, I am looking for FREE components. I know a lot of
commecial ones like aspose and ABCPDF etc. But I would like to see if
there are free components out there.
Secondly, what I am trying to do is that I have a console application
where reporting services reports are called via webservices and get
report results in byte formate and then I would like to convert that
byte formate into PDF file.

Thanks a lot,

Toby

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I am looking for FREE components

Google is your friend :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+%22asp.net%22

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On May 19, 10:06 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Does anyone know that there is PDF conversion component from MS word
> > for ASP.NET?

> Do you mean e.g. that someone will upload a Word document to an ASP.NET
> site, and that site will convert it to a PDF document?
>
> If so, then you need this:http://www.aspose.com/categories/fil.../aspose.words-...
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.
First of all, I am looking for FREE components. I know a lot of
commecial ones like aspose and ABCPDF etc. But I would like to see if
there are free components out there.
Secondly, what I am trying to do is that I have a console application
where reporting services reports are called via webservices and get
report results in byte formate and then I would like to convert that
byte formate into PDF file.

Thanks a lot,

Toby

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

There are a number of free PDF print drivers. This means you can "print" a
Word document to a PDF file. As I recall,
"DoPDF" is one of them.
Peter