Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > File Transfer

File Transfer

NK

i want to transfer a file from one computer to another(ON LAN).
want a java program to perform the same.
As sender ip .....
receiver ip ....
browse and send option should be there on sender side
receive option on receiver side
i want source code regrading this...new user regarding file transfer
in java

Thanx in advance

Dave Miller

NK wrote:
> i want to transfer a file from one computer to another(ON LAN).
> want a java program to perform the same.
> As sender ip .....
> receiver ip ....
> browse and send option should be there on sender side
> receive option on receiver side
> i want source code regrading this...new user regarding file transfer
> in java
>
> Thanx in advance

You seem to be looking for the "java.free.code" newsgroup. When you find
it, please post a link back to this group.

--
Dave Miller
Java Web Hosting at:

Arne Vajh°j

NK wrote:
> i want to transfer a file from one computer to another(ON LAN).
> want a java program to perform the same.
> As sender ip .....
> receiver ip ....
> browse and send option should be there on sender side
> receive option on receiver side
> i want source code regrading this...new user regarding file transfer
> in java

Read about socket network programming in Java.

I believe there is a chapter in the Java tutorial.

It is not that difficult.

Arne

Tom Anderson

On Sun, 18 May 2008, NK wrote:

> i want to transfer a file from one computer to another(ON LAN).
> want a java program to perform the same.
> As sender ip .....
> receiver ip ....
> browse and send option should be there on sender side
> receive option on receiver side
> i want source code regrading this...new user regarding file transfer
> in java

http://j-ftp.sourceforge.net/
http://www.ryanheise.com/software/jftpd/

tom

--
If you had a chance to do any experiment you pleased, unconstrained by
any considerations of humanity or decency, what would you choose?