Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > silverlight

silverlight

jaems

As a newish user of asp.net on a hosted website I was looking at
experimenting with Silverlight

I have watched the begginers videos on http://silverlight.net/Learn/ and am
ready to get started using Espression Blend 2.5

I can see how to make very basic Silverlight objects but please can someone
explain how I get the necessary files from Blend to publish on my website.

jaezms

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

There are already a large number of Silverlight tutorials, blogs, videos,
and much more. Suggest you start at the Silverlight.net website and organize
yourself a learning campaign.
Peter
"jaems" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yTXXj.45763$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> As a newish user of asp.net on a hosted website I was looking at
> experimenting with Silverlight
>
> I have watched the begginers videos on http://silverlight.net/Learn/ and
> am ready to get started using Espression Blend 2.5
>
> I can see how to make very basic Silverlight objects but please can
> someone explain how I get the necessary files from Blend to publish on my
> website.
>
> jaezms

Leon Mayne

"jaems" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yTXXj.45763$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> As a newish user of asp.net on a hosted website I was looking at
> experimenting with Silverlight
>
> I have watched the begginers videos on http://silverlight.net/Learn/ and
> am ready to get started using Espression Blend 2.5
>
> I can see how to make very basic Silverlight objects but please can
> someone explain how I get the necessary files from Blend to publish on my
> website.

I could be wrong, but I *think* Expression Blend is just for the design
aspect of Silverlight, i.e. editing the XAML for the control. If you want to
make it actually do something and publish the control to the web then you'll
need to use Visual Studio 2008 with the latest silverlight SDK beta
installed:
I don't think the SDK installs into the express editions of Visual Studio,
so you'll need at least Visual Studio Standard Edition.

--
Leon Mayne
http://leon.mvps.org/

Silverlight Newsgroup? Monty ASP .Net 3 07-22-2007 12:18 AM
Where does MS Expression & Silverlight fit in? VB Programmer ASP .Net 4 07-07-2007 02:59 AM
Getting Started with Silverlight =?Utf-8?B?QkxzdW5ldg==?= ASP .Net 2 05-22-2007 04:43 PM
Expression, Silverlight? Ronald S. Cook ASP .Net 4 05-10-2007 11:19 AM
SilverLight, a new way for Python? Michel Claveau Python 3 05-01-2007 07:54 PM

Advertisments